Discuss 2 switch wires 1 cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yeah will go to a jb or probably a wago box and then split to the separate lights

So you have 2 switches and two separate lights.
I'm presuming you want to switch the lights independently, or you wouldn't need 2 switches.
Not sure how you would wire the switches up with just one 2 core wire...
Or have I misread this?

Yes, he can.

We don’t know what any other cable may be present. May already have a live at the switch. Pick up the neutral from somewhere else..... (on the same circuit)

An intermediate could have 4 switch wires across 2 t&e’s

So, live earth and neutral to the switch, from a jb. Then twin and earth going back up to the jb to separate terminals serving both switches of a 2 gang switch and then separating to either light carrying the switch wire, earth and neutral

Yes, he can.

We don’t know what any other cable may be present. May already have a live at the switch. Pick up the neutral from somewhere else..... (on the same circuit)

An intermediate could have 4 switch wires across 2 t&e’s

I'm only working on the info the OP has supplied. He has not mentioned any existing wires to the switch, that is why I'm questioning what he is actually doing.
I don't think he likes my questions though.. ?

I'm only working on the info the OP has supplied. He has not mentioned any existing wires to the switch, that is why I'm questioning what he is actually doing.
I don't think he likes my questions though.. ?
The house is being rewired, but taking the neutral to the switch, for smart switches

The house is being rewired, but taking the neutral to the switch, for smart switches
I thought as much. Just be careful you don't end up needing to be looking for a cpc though by using the one cable to feed two circuits.

Could someone point out what I'm missing here? This is a rewire and the aim is to bring neutrals to each switch. Is there a reason why this wouldn't be wired as 2 plate, with feed to switch, rather than using junctions?

Much easier just to take all cables to the switch.... then you’ve got neutrals and switchwires right to the lights without the need for a jointbox. Maybe there’s issues with space?

is that a squashed fly on your drawing?

Could someone point out what I'm missing here? This is a rewire and the aim is to bring neutrals to each switch. Is there a reason why this wouldn't be wired as 2 plate, with feed to switch, rather than using junctions?
Could do. You’d just have to use a 3 core then to take the neutral up?

agree with littlespark. feed to switch, bin the JB. 3 core for 2 x sw/L and 1 x N.

The only reason I can think of, its a occupied rewire, and the use of jb's will minimise the amount of floor boards being lifted, etc, however those joint boxes would have to assessable.

Reply to 2 switch wires 1 cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net