Discuss 2 way and intermediate with a dimmer. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Only1harden

Hi all,

Putting in a a hallway lighting circuit on a new dwelling controlled from 4 points, client wants a dimmer but is happy to incorporate just a 2 way dimmer to save getting involved in master and slave units.

Just want to check before the 1st fix that the dimmer could be either the 1st or last switch on the circuit, or should it be the 1st?

As you will read this site is for electrical information and advice. Fancy a good moan? follow the links below:

Welcome to The Samaritans
Penis Enlargement ? Penis Enlargement Reviews
www.thewifeleftandnowallivegotistheforum.co.uk

just fit the dimmer in either of the 2 way switch positions, not the intermediates.

make sure it's a 2 way dimmer switch. :30:

or fit cfl lamps . they will be dim as f*** anyway so you won't need to buy a dimmer.

Reply to 2 way and intermediate with a dimmer. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, currently doing a job at a house where there are 3 switches In the hallway to control the hall lights. All 1 gang switches, one at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for a little advise on how to wire in a 2 gang intermediate switch. I'm doing a first fix on a house extension and it's 3 storey...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I tried installing a dimmer to a 3-way circuit. The dimmer has a hard...
Replies
Views
As I tried to summarize in the title, I'm having an interesting buzzing issue in a residential home. Problem: When Lights are turned on, all 3...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I need to 2 way a landing light to the bottom of the stairs possibly add an intermediate for the landing light to outside a bedroom...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock