Discuss 2 way and intermediate in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is just the question shown in photos, post a wiring diagram of how you think it should be done and I'll help you from there.

You have shown extra 2-way switches connected together. This can't work, there must be a 2-way switch at each end and any others must be intermediates. Take a careful look at how an intermediate switch is wired and how it works. In a nutshell, it is a 4-terminal switch that intercepts L1 & L2 and swaps them over on their way to the next 2-way switch.

Consider the function of the fan isolator, and where the light should be connected relative to the isolator.

How is the neutral getting to the fan and light?

OK so the switching is now working, with the 3-core used for strappers L1 and L2 and the neutral. And at the right hand 2-way there's a switched line and a neutral, which would be fine if it was just for a light. But you want a permanent line for the fan, and the short answer is you haven't got enough cores in the 3C with the cables laid out as they are at the moment. You need PL, N, L1 and L2.

But suppose you took the feed from the consumer unit to the right hand switch instead?

Also, sort out where you have the light connected. At the moment you have to clean the fan in the dark.

OK so the switching is now working, with the 3-core used for strappers L1 and L2 and the neutral. And at the right hand 2-way there's a switched line and a neutral, which would be fine if it was just for a light. But you want a permanent line for the fan, and the short answer is you haven't got enough cores in the 3C with the cables laid out as they are at the moment. You need PL, N, L1 and L2.

But suppose you took the feed from the consumer unit to the right hand switch instead?

Also, sort out where you have the light connected. At the moment you have to clean the fan in the dark.
Ok so I could take the feed from the consumer straight to the 2nd 2 way switch with three core going to the intermediate switch and the other 2 way switch in between. And then from the right hand side 2 way the common which would be the permanent live to L1 to the fan isolator and then to the live of the fan?

And how would I correct the light so it didn’t go off when I turn off the isolator? Put the feed in loop?

Reply to 2 way and intermediate in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net