Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 2 way dimmer switching in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

J_c9sh

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi there, would I be correct in saying that you can get 2 way dimmer ( dimmer at each end working against each other) but it needs to be a specific type, I think it's master and remote. Is there any additional wiring required and where would be the best place to get them

Thanks
John

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
I know you can buy two way dimmer switches, but I think they work independently. Master and slave? Never heRd of it but this doesn't mean anything. Probably someone at the electronic bay will sell you one. Whether there is special wiring required depends on the manufacturer's instructions, however I would assume itmis straight forward ( again, I might be wrong) :gettree:

K

Knobhead

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Someone makes them because here’s a drawing I did a while back for another member.
For the life of me I can’t remember the make.

View attachment 14074

W

wallyanker

You can buy a 2 way dimmer switch but I think you can only have one dimmer switch on the circuit, so you would have a normal 2 way switch at one end, and a dimmer at the other.

Anybody please correct me if im wrong.
Thanks

S

Silly Sausage

Have a look at Varilight.

They have a Master Unit with any number of Slave units.

W

wallyanker

Just had a noisy. Looks like a standard 2 way dimmer switch will only work with one on the circuit, Master and Slave dimmers will both operate one light fitting.

Thanks Archy

A

Adam W

GET make them - one end is the dimmer, the other is a retractive switch which turns the lights on or off, or dims if you hold it down.

Reply to 2 way dimmer switching in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Select the ways in which you gain online business

• MyBuilder.com

• Federation of Master Builders

• CheckaTrade.com

• RatedPeople.com

• TrustaTrader.com

• Which? (TrustedTraders.Which.co.uk)

• MyJobQuote.co.uk

• Yell.com

• Google Paid Advertising

• Own Website with Natural Ranking (SEO'd website)

• Social Media (Facebook Twitter Instagram etc)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom