Discuss 2 way dimmer switching in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_c9sh

EF Member
Hi there, would I be correct in saying that you can get 2 way dimmer ( dimmer at each end working against each other) but it needs to be a specific type, I think it's master and remote. Is there any additional wiring required and where would be the best place to get them

Thanks
John

stef

Regular EF Member
I know you can buy two way dimmer switches, but I think they work independently. Master and slave? Never heRd of it but this doesn't mean anything. Probably someone at the electronic bay will sell you one. Whether there is special wiring required depends on the manufacturer's instructions, however I would assume itmis straight forward ( again, I might be wrong) :gettree:

W

wallyanker

You can buy a 2 way dimmer switch but I think you can only have one dimmer switch on the circuit, so you would have a normal 2 way switch at one end, and a dimmer at the other.

Anybody please correct me if im wrong.
Thanks

W

wallyanker

Just had a noisy. Looks like a standard 2 way dimmer switch will only work with one on the circuit, Master and Slave dimmers will both operate one light fitting.

Thanks Archy

A

Adam W

GET make them - one end is the dimmer, the other is a retractive switch which turns the lights on or off, or dims if you hold it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • Black

Votes: 33 34.0%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.