Discuss 2 Way light switch disconnection in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2 way light switch in the main bedroom for the ceiling light (a wall switch and pullcord). I'm wanting to install LED strip lighting in a corner profile around the perimeter of the room between the wall and ceiling and the pullcord mount is in the way, I don't ever use the pullcord, would it be acceptable to simply un-wire it, tape each individual wire up or put in choc block and tape and push the cables into the ceiling and fill the hole or will this mess up being able to turn the main light on/off from the wall switch? or cause a safety hazard?.

If you do as suggested,
the light will no longer turn on and you are left with a fire / shock hazard hiding under the loft insulation.

this is a half hour job for an electrician

Reactions: DPG

Reply to 2 Way light switch disconnection in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
i know about the different wiring arrangements for 2 way light switching. i want to connect the permanent live into first switch common, connect...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking to convert a 2 way light into just control by single switch. I have searched and looked for similar questions here, and found a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really hope someone will be able to help. So last night I tried to change 2 ceiling rose / pendant lights at my mother in laws...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock