Discuss 2 way lighting, PIR motion activated in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

IanC

Hello All,

Is it possible to include a motion sensor into a 2way lighting circuit?

If so, how would you go about the wiring?

There are switches at the top and bottom of some basement stairs. The occupants are keen to include a motion sensor as they sometimes stuggle to find the switch when entering the house via the basement. The live feed is in the switch in the basement.

It is possible, it probably would of been easier if they had perm live and switch live at the light rather than the switch. You will have to try and get the switch live, permanent live and neutral to the pir. Hope this helps

It is possible, it probably would of been easier if they had perm live and switch live at the light rather than the switch. You will have to try and get the switch live, permanent live and neutral to the pir. Hope this helps
There IS a perm live and switch live at the light after all! What next???

Reply to 2 way lighting, PIR motion activated in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Is the following set up possible with a 3 Gang 2 Way Smart Wifi Switch set up (the black glass type touch ones) One of the 3 switches, switches...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I just found this forum last night and figured I would post my issue since I can't find much out there with a similar situation. My job...
Replies
Views
My 4 year old son won't go to bed without the light being left on and insists his door is closed when I leave. When the door is opened later to...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock