Discuss 2 way lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ghacking

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,
I’m a little confused, I’ve just swapped a 2 g 2 way switch in the hall which controls the hall and landing lights. I thought I’d rewired it exactly the same way but clearly not. The switch works correctly controlling the the hall and landing lights, however the upstairs switch which has not been touched now does not work?
Picture attached is the original44E8AC84-3505-44AB-86E5-92F765EC2F4D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You haven't crossed the cables over the switches have you. The red, yellow and blue of one cable goes to one of the switches, the new front plate also needs earthing.

Can you post a pic of the back of the upstairs switch?

Could be deceptive but the reds may be the wrong way around.

Please earth the metal switch plate before you next apply power to it. It tells you to in the instructions you threw away. :thumbsup:

Reply to 2 way lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I’m looking to install 3 meross smart switches for 3 lights: entrance switch: only 1 gang but 3 way switch bedroom switch: 2 gang (1 is 1...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Suggestions / solutions please anyone? I have a 2 way switch, Hall and Landing, power being fed on Landing. When the switch is turned on, the...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock