Discuss 2 Way Motion sensor switch in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Manj

-
Reaction score
Firstly Hello Electricians Forums!!! MY first experience here.

I am currently in the process of updating a recently bought new home. The house is 15 years old so fairly modern.

I have a current setup whereby I have changed the light fitting in a small lobby area. The light is an integrated LED light with the following bulbs i believe.
21.6W 4000K cool white.

This light is controlled by 2 standard on/off rocker switches. Both switches can turn the light on or off independently.

I am hoping to change one switch (which i believe is a 2 way switch) with a surface mounted motion switch. Therefore the the motion sensor will activate the light and deactivate along with the other standard rocker switch.

I can advise that wiring setup does have neutral wires which can be accessed if required.

I was looking at the timeguard motion sensor switch but can confirm if it will work with LED bulbs and of it is 2 way?

I am no means a qualified electrician, but am competent enough and have wired many switches lights over the years. I could also with time reverse engineer to figure out how the wiring should be.

Any assistance on this matter will be most appreciated with both wiring and motion sensor switch products. I dont mind spending some money for a decent looking one. Perhaps an illuminated switch?

I wouldn't wire the sensor as a two way with the rocker switch, the operation will not be as you expect.
When you switch the light on via the rocker switch the sensor will then switch it off when it detects movement.

It would be better to connect the movement sensor in parallel with the ricker switch so each works as a one way switch.

I wouldn't wire the sensor as a two way with the rocker switch, the operation will not be as you expect.
When you switch the light on via the rocker switch the sensor will then switch it off when it detects movement.

It would be better to connect the movement sensor in parallel with the ricker switch so each works as a one way switch.

Thanks for the advice, would you have a wiring diagram to follow.

Reply to 2 Way Motion sensor switch in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net