Discuss 2 way switch with wireless intermediate in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi chaps, I have a summer house to wire up and there's gonna be some soffit lights that will be 2wayed from within the summer house, simple enough.

I want to add a quinetic wireless intermediate so they can be switched back at the house, and I can't for the life of me think how this would be wired. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe use quinetic as 2 way,not intermediate.

As Tel and others said, I'd just make all switches Quinetic. The grid switches are the cheapest.

A completely different approach would be to use the QURWM1 module - this is technically for wifi / smart control but works with normal quinetic switches too.
It has a switch input terminal which can connect to traditional switching of any kind. So the final SL from the two way switching could connect to this.

Personally, I'd keep life simple and use the normal Quinetic receiver and switches. You're essentially trying to save £20 for two extra grid switch modules and I'd bet your labour for faffing about with another method would exceed this.

Reply to 2 way switch with wireless intermediate in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Could someone tell me how to go about wiring a 2 way intermediate pull cord switch with fan and isolator? How would this be wired
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I'm going back into college and I have had some time off and behind work. I just can't get my head around this. 1 gang 2 way plate...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for a little advise on how to wire in a 2 gang intermediate switch. I'm doing a first fix on a house extension and it's 3 storey...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock