Discuss 2005 Nissan micra lights and front wipers have stopped working in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

danieljephcott

Hello All,

im having some issues with my wifes 2005 Micra S. she had reported that her front wipers had just stopped working. after taking a look ive noticed that the lights have stopped working as well.
So to help you guys the front wipers dont work but the washers and rear wiper works fine. the front and rear lights have stopped working but the indicators and brake lights work.

Im really not sure on what could be causing this but its obviously electrical. my thoughts are it could be the stalks but from the right stalks the rear wipers and washers work and the left stalk the indicators and instrument lights turn on. the instrument also says the lights are on when you turn the dial.

my second thought is that its a relay, ive checked the esm manual and i just cant understand it so no idea what to check.

the other check ive done is check all the fuses which are fine. I've also checked all the relays to see if the looked damaged but haven't checked them with a multimeter

im kind of stuck now and i hope one of you understand which relays are what and if there is one relay that would control both things.

Here is the ESM which i pulled off this site if it helps.

http://www.riflesintheuk.com/weblinks/K12esm.zip

as always thanks in advance

dan

Check all the obvious first such as poor or corroded earths and general wiring integrity. Are you sure there's no fuses elsewhere that you haven't tested? If the wipers and headlights failed simultaneously it's a big coincidence and not likely to be the actual components themselves or even the relays that control them, it's far more likely to be a problem upstream with the IPDM or BCM.

Check all the obvious first such as poor or corroded earths and general wiring integrity. Are you sure there's no fuses elsewhere that you haven't tested? If the wipers and headlights failed simultaneously it's a big coincidence and not likely to be the actual components themselves or even the relays that control them, it's far more likely to be a problem upstream with the IPDM or BCM.

I have given most wires a look and they look perfect. Not looked at earths but I'm not really sure where these are located.

I was think it was the bcm board which is annoying as I can get one second hand quite cheaply but Nissan would charge a fortune to program it.

The he issue is the car is due to be part x for a new car end of the month and replacing the bcm would just cost a fortune and the cars not worth that much

so part ex it and keep your gob shut. :17:

Reply to 2005 Nissan micra lights and front wipers have stopped working in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net