Discuss <200mm flat roof mount in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gr7

-
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a module mounting for a domestic flat roof where the maximum permitted height is 200mm? As well as avoiding the need for local authority planning approval, the property is subject to approval with the residents group who manage the private estate. This has been approved with the 200mm condition.

One of the exhibitors at Ecobuild assured us that their mounting system would meet the 200mm requirement, I found out from them today that the minimum achievable height is >300mm. This leaves me with a customer ready to pay a deposit, keen to make the most of the summer and no mounting system.

Any help appreciated.

You'll need to mount them at least at 5 degrees otherwise you'll probably void the warranty, schletter do a whole host of different brackets and also mounts:

This system can give you 5 degrees on a 'flat' roof:

http://www.schletter.de/files/addon...laetter/FixZ-7_product_sheet_V0_I400041GB.pdf

Then you'll need to think of some kind of ballasting (maybe a tray running underneath the panels linked to the rails, containing say paving slabs) once again schletter have solutions

or this:
http://www.schletter.de/files/addon...r/CompactVario_product_sheet_V0_I400037GB.pdf

and then you'll need to do the superimposed dead load calcs for the roof with all the additional ballast...

Easy!

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, I have spoken to a UK distributer of the Schletter system and have them helping out with the design.

The Solion sunmount is a very good flat roof mounting sytem SOLION - SunMount. Requires no drilling through roof or ballasting because they're so aerodynamic. A little pricey however and only fit certain modules. But may be worth looking at

We looked at the Solion mounts and decided against them due to the limited number of compatible modules, which is a shame as they are a well thought out design and certainly look neat.

Reply to <200mm flat roof mount in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net