Discuss 22-36 vdc driver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Need help locating replacement LEDs for exterior wall fixtures with the driver shown. 22-36vdc.

Anyone know the best place to find some?

Looking for 6000k or above

Attachments

• B4CFB654-DA11-4FF3-969E-AA7264516BEF.jpeg
    479 KB · Views: 29
This work ?
I ended up getting the ones pictured here and wired them parallel. When I applied power the lights just flashed/slowly strobed. Any idea what to do here?

these are the correct voltage range. 24.

Attachments

• F55DE849-69F3-4198-9E84-4DEEBAA7C486.jpeg
    843.9 KB · Views: 6
  • E7832328-3F73-4965-8AA1-ECE5DBBE981B.jpeg
    634.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 246FE999-2D96-4460-AA09-2B434D4B80B3.png
    274.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 89634F23-5987-4E78-94AF-1AF997943610.png
    345.3 KB · Views: 13
what's the higher of the 2 voltages specced on the new driver. it need to be = or > 36V

Firstly... I'm sure the OP is asking for lamps/fittings to use for the Constant Current driver that he already has.

As to the wiring of any lamps... as you have a Constant Current driver... lamps are usually wired in Series. (so that the current that flows through each one is the same or 'constant') The voltage will vary to maintain the current of 350mA. If none of that makes sense... have a look on YouTube for any vids that explain it all.

Can't help on finding appropriate lamps as I see you're in Oregon and I'm in the UK.

So, it should be working fine?

Oops, I just read the other reply. Sounds like it needs to be wired series.
Hi
If I'm right about the specification of your lamps, they seem to be designed to run from a constant 24 volts. I was trying to say they do not seem to be the correct type for the power supply you have.

To work with your present power supply, what you need is a lamp, or lamps, designed for a constant current of 350mA, that when drawing that, work within the range of 22 to 36 volts.
The supply you have does not necessarily give out 24volts. It tries to push 350mA round the circiut, and effectively 'winds up' (or 'winds down') its output voltage until the current reaches 350mA. There seems to be an incompatibility between the voltage your lamps need, and the voltage your supply will give out when it reaches 350mA.
If they don't work in parallel on your supply, I would doubt if they will work in series.

If you have a multimeter you should check the voltage coming out of your power unit when connected to the lamps. Of course it's always possible the power supply is faulty!

Can you not acquire a lamp designed to work on a constant current of 350mA within the voltage range on your supply?

Hi
If I'm right about the specification of your lamps, they seem to be designed to run from a constant 24 volts. I was trying to say they do not seem to be the correct type for the power supply you have.

To work with your present power supply, what you need is a lamp, or lamps, designed for a constant current of 350mA, that when drawing that, work within the range of 22 to 36 volts.
The supply you have does not necessarily give out 24volts. It tries to push 350mA round the circiut, and effectively 'winds up' (or 'winds down') its output voltage until the current reaches 350mA. There seems to be an incompatibility between the voltage your lamps need, and the voltage your supply will give out when it reaches 350mA.
If they don't work in parallel on your supply, I would doubt if they will work in series.

If you have a multimeter you should check the voltage coming out of your power unit when connected to the lamps. Of course it's always possible the power supply is faulty!

Can you not acquire a lamp designed to work on a constant current of 350mA within the voltage range on your supply?
Possibly, but it may be easier to replace the drivers???

Possibly, but it may be easier to replace the drivers???
Each of your new lamps takes about 2 watts, so with 2 lamps you would need a 24 volt LED driver with at least 5 watts power. Anything above that will do, say 10 watts, but the higher the power rating the more expensive they tend to be. See what you can find!
(5 watts at 24 volts is about 0.2 amps, ie 200mA, so any 24V power supply giving at least 0.2A should work!)

Each of your new lamps takes about 2 watts, so with 2 lamps you would need a 24 volt LED driver with at least 5 watts power. Anything above that will do, say 10 watts, but the higher the power rating the more expensive they tend to be. See what you can find!
(5 watts at 24 volts is about 0.2 amps, ie 200mA, so any 24V power supply giving at least 0.2A should work!)
Well, I am totally confused now. I am not sure how I can wire these in series, as they are already pre-wired in each housing. I wanted to just check and make sure they would still not work properly in series before buying different drivers. I don’t seem to know how I can do this with these lamps the way they are already wired. Maybe I am missing something?? I even watched a few YouTube videos and they don’t help. Please see the pics for reference.

meanwhile, I will look for drivers mentioned.

Attachments

• 4C4B40F4-15D2-4B2D-9656-1599F59278E4.jpeg
    401.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DCFB8ED3-A5BE-4E21-87EE-EF4923E37AB8.jpeg
    592.1 KB · Views: 3
Well, I am totally confused now. I am not sure how I can wire these in series, as they are already pre-wired in each housing. I wanted to just check and make sure they would still not work properly in series before buying different drivers. I don’t seem to know how I can do this with these lamps the way they are already wired. Maybe I am missing something?? I even watched a few YouTube videos and they don’t help. Please see the pics for reference.

Can anyone help me find a place to order the correct drivers?

any price range I am looking at?

Attachments

• A67A0E94-B4B2-48E0-9404-3CD5A5084589.png
    579.9 KB · Views: 3
  • CB1D3BEC-DC4E-4450-8333-A3FC29313321.png
    364.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

These are 24v lamps. If you wire them in series they should need 48v to work. Your power supply doesn't go up to 48v. However if you still want to try it, you can wire them like this (sorry for scruffy sketch)

Attachments

• CA174BF3-72E1-4745-BF9E-6015B38688E9.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 6

Reply to 22-36 vdc driver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net