SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 220 Volt single phase Contactor relay controlled by 2 switches in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Batdevice

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,
I am looking for help wiring a 220 Volt single phase Contactor relay that has a single A1 Coil terminal to be used with 2 float switches to control a pump. I know how to connect a single switch to the relay but unsure how to add the second switch. Each switch can be Normally open or normally closed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Aico 3000
dmxtothemax

dmxtothemax

-
Tell us more about the pumps ?
can they both be on together for instance ?

timbobelfast

timbobelfast

-
Arms
Hi,
I am looking for help wiring a 220 Volt single phase Contactor relay that has a single A1 Coil terminal to be used with 2 float switches to control a pump. I know how to connect a single switch to the relay but unsure how to add the second switch. Each switch can be Normally open or normally closed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Can you not wire the two float switches in parallel with the contactor coil?

Any drawings for this set up?

ElectroChem

ElectroChem

-
Arms
The biggest question for me is what arrangement the two float switches are in. Is there a low level switch to turn the pump on then a high level to turn it off? If that's the case then I'm afraid a single pole contactor will not be enough, you'll need a latching contact.

Get paid faster with card payments | Go Paper Free - Save Hours | Offer Finance to Customers

Reply to 220 Volt single phase Contactor relay controlled by 2 switches in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom