Discuss 220 Volt single phase Contactor relay controlled by 2 switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking for help wiring a 220 Volt single phase Contactor relay that has a single A1 Coil terminal to be used with 2 float switches to control a pump. I know how to connect a single switch to the relay but unsure how to add the second switch. Each switch can be Normally open or normally closed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Hi,
I am looking for help wiring a 220 Volt single phase Contactor relay that has a single A1 Coil terminal to be used with 2 float switches to control a pump. I know how to connect a single switch to the relay but unsure how to add the second switch. Each switch can be Normally open or normally closed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Can you not wire the two float switches in parallel with the contactor coil?

Any drawings for this set up?

The biggest question for me is what arrangement the two float switches are in. Is there a low level switch to turn the pump on then a high level to turn it off? If that's the case then I'm afraid a single pole contactor will not be enough, you'll need a latching contact.

Reply to 220 Volt single phase Contactor relay controlled by 2 switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello folks, So my van got found after being stolen ;D Now I'm installing my own alarm on the van which is triggered when a door is opened. Im...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I know this is very simple but I would like some advice please. I am installing a new circuit to feed 5 external floodlights. It is...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
Good morning, So I’m working on an existing 3 phase solar system and the customer wants a way to use the huge mass of exported solar on their...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock