Discuss 2330 303 exam questions in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Unit 3: Installation (Buildings and Structures): Fault
diagnosis and rectification

1. List six areas where faults can occur in an electrical installation.

2. Describe three situations which may affect rectification of a fault in an
installation.

3. Describe special precautions that need to be taken when:
a. handling sensitive electronic components
b. working on equipment having large capacitive circuits
c. terminating fibre optic cables.

a. State the procedures to be carried out before starting fault diagnosis in terms
of: i) procedures for isolation
ii) proof of voltage testing equipment.
b. State procedures regarding functional checks on completion of the
rectification process.

5. a. List three sources of information that may be referred to when commissioning
an installation.
b. Identify three building materials which may need replacement/making good
after fault finding.

6. Name the type of instrument with typical range to be used for the following tests
a. continuity of protective conductors
b. RCD testing
c. Measurement of current on load.

7. A customer reports that a PVC SWA cable feeding an outbuilding appears to
have developed a fault after years of satisfactory service. Identify three tests and
the respective instruments that may be used to verify the state of the cable.

8. Describe briefly how to carry out the following tests on an existing, but
disconnected installation.
a. continuity of main equipotential bonding conductor
b. insulation resistance test on a lighting circuit containing two-way switching.

9. After fault rectification, it is required to test the Earth loop impedance at the
intake position and at the furthest point of Radial socket circuit.
Describe how to carry out the test for
a) Ze
b) Zs

10. Describe three instrument tests to be carried out on a 30mA rcd to BS 4293
used for supplementary protection against direct contact (No time delay).
Include test currents and maximum disconnection times in your answer.

11. a) List the documentation which needs to be completed when the following work
has been carried out on an electrical installation:
i) major restoration work on an electrical installation
ii) minor additions to an electrical installation.
b) State two reasons why it is necessary to inform the client of any restoration work which needs to be completed following repair of an electrical installation

12. Describe briefly the following three types of regulation which can be referred to
when re-commissioning an electrical installation:
1. Electricity at Work Regulations
2. Electricity Safety, Quality and Continuity Regulations 2002
3. IEE Wiring Regulations.

Would you not rather just get someone from here to sit the exam for you :rolleyes:

A tip for you - write one or two questions, give your answer(s) and ask if it is correct. You will learn much more from trying to find the answers yourself than just reading the twoddle that some of us on here write - also be generous with the "thanks" button and people will be falling over themselves to answer.

a good bit of advice from pushrod. tbh if they were just answered for you i am not sure you would learn them and therefore not much good for you. a tutor at our college spoon fed us and a couple of us really put it out there to learn as they were not teaching us how to do it just the correct answer, ok for a multiple choice exam but not much use in the written s. have a pop at them, don`t be afraid to get them wrong as none of us knew all the right answers when we started and a lot still don`t :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you not rather just get someone from here to sit the exam for you :rolleyes:

A tip for you - write one or two questions, give your answer(s) and ask if it is correct. You will learn much more from trying to find the answers yourself than just reading the twoddle that some of us on here write - also be generous with the "thanks" button and people will be falling over themselves to answer.
only noticed this post now, not looking for answers mate posting for people doing the 2330 level 3 :>

Reply to 2330 303 exam questions in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net