Discuss 2330 city and guilds papers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello. My first posting on here.
As with most of the other replies on here, I too am seeking any past 2330 L3 papers to help my son with his apprenticeship. Many thanks in advance.

[email protected]

Hi

Ive just purchased some papers from Bycon Ltd - Multiple Choice Test Papers Online For City & Guilds 2382 2391 2330 and 2377 only £1.75 each and they are pretty good,

papers 15,16,21 and 39...paper 21 is on motors only, a good one to practice on as this seems to be the area most people are struggling with.

there is one error on one of the papers regarding sychronous speed calcs but apart from that they are top class...

Got my exam next tuesday....have done loads and loads of MC papers..smartscreen, electrical quals.com etc
and also heavily revised motors so feeling pretty confident....just want to get it over with.

Cheers pal ............. have got the link you mailed me.

I come from a sparking background, but jumped ship to telecoms 20-odd years ago. I am actually enjoying revising with my son, but feel there is a lack of practice papers/Mock papers available to get a feel of the sort of question that may be fielded. I dont mean I'd like him to learn parrot-fashion (that isnt the answer), I would just like more examples of how questions may be worded etc etc......

He too has done the Smartscreen and Swindon-massive, and purchased quite a bit of extra-curricular stuff. That info you mailed me sounds good for 'Motors', as this is one area that he (and I) are struggling to get to grips with.

Cheers again:D:D:D

Hi

Ive just purchased some papers from Bycon Ltd - Multiple Choice Test Papers Online For City & Guilds 2382 2391 2330 and 2377 only £1.75 each and they are pretty good,

papers 15,16,21 and 39...paper 21 is on motors only, a good one to practice on as this seems to be the area most people are struggling with.

there is one error on one of the papers regarding sychronous speed calcs but apart from that they are top class...

Got my exam next tuesday....have done loads and loads of MC papers..smartscreen, electrical quals.com etc
and also heavily revised motors so feeling pretty confident....just want to get it over with.

Are you able to upload these for us????

I'm not sure I can try this for paper 21 and let me know if it works

user name bycon21
password Gde64HUt

Also try this link apparentley taken from last years question bank???

http://www.------.org/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=172&threadid=19708

1.If a transistor is in saturated common emitter configuration, the transistor would be acting as:

a. a closed switch
b. an open switch
c. an amplifier
d. a speed controller

2.In group problem solving, what part would they be at where they decide which decisions they are going to use?

a. Storming
b. Norming
c. Performing
d. Forming

3.Where high voltage is being used in a factory, it should be:

a. Outside the working area
b. Incased in a concrete building
c. Suitably enclosed with warning signs
d. Outside the building

4.Where the wiring of a motor is through flexible conduit connected to earthed trunking, the earth connection to the motor:

a. Should be via the flexible conduit
b. Should be by a separate cable within the flexible conduit
c. Should be connected to a bolt on the motor
d. Should be connected to the earth terminal

5.If a design required that a speed of approximately 730rpm was needed to drive a piece of equipment, what type of motor would be required?

a. 2 pole
b. 4 pole
c. 8 pole
d. 12 pole

6.A sign with a white symbol on a blue background is:

a. Warning sign
b. Prohibition sign
c. Mandatory sign
d. Information sign

7.A worker who has been electrocuted is found to have a pulse but is not breathing, you should:

a. Call the first aid room for help
b. Give mouth to mouth resuscitation and get help
c. Phone for the emergency services
d. Start compressions to the chest

8.A 2Kw heater is connected to a 230v supply, the resistance in ohms of the heater is:

a. 0.115 ohms
b. 115.0 ohms
c. 26.45 ohms
d. 264.45 ohms

9.Whilst working below ground level, there is a possibility of a gas heavier than air present, the following PPE must be used:

a. A face mask
b. Hard hat and goggles
c. A respirator
d. A harness

10.What type of fire extinguisher must not be used on an electrical fire?

a. Dry powder
b. Carbon dioxide
c. Foam
d. Water

11.A type of capacitor that has rolled sheets of thin aluminium around a core is known as:

a. An electrolytic capacitor
b. A polycarbonate capacitor
c. A ceramic capacitor
d. An air gap capacitor

12.When a fire drill has been organised and the alarms sound, you should:

a. Check with your supervisor that it is a drill and continue work
b. Ignore it
c. Stand by the fire extinguishers
d. Evacuate to the designated assembly area.

13.An AC circuit has an inductive reactance of 13Ω, a capacitive reactance of 23Ω and a resistance of 18Ω calculate the impedance of the circuit.

a. 424Ω
b. 4.97Ω
c. 20.59Ω
d. 1.6KΩ

17. An AC circuit of voltage 230v at 50Hz and has an inductance of 0.1H and a resistance of 28Ω, calculate the total power in the circuit.

a. 928w
b. 1.25Kw
c. 1.89Kw
d. 0w

14.An RCBO works on the following characteristics:

a. Magnetic only
b. Thermal and mechanical
c. Mechanical and magnetic
d. Thermal and magnetic

15.When a diode is connected across an AC supply having a peak value of 5v, the peak inverse voltage across the diode is:

a. 0.7v
b. 5v
c. 7.07v
d. 10v

16.The Aims of the Disability Discrimination Act is to give disabled people rights in terms of:

a. The right to more breaks at work
b. Replacing the amount of disabled people in society
c. Employment and access to goods and facilities
d. Lowering the entrance skills necessary for employment

17.Permits to work are issued by:

a. A health and safety officer
b. The person in charge
c. A designated responsible person
d. A competent person or persons

I havent got the answers to these but post your answers and then we can compare????

Last edited by a moderator:
1-c
2-b
3-c
4-b
5-c
6-c
7-a
8-c
9-c
10-d
11-a
12-d
13-c
17-b ..... Be aware there are two Q17's.
14-d
15-d
16-c
17-c

Hope this helps pal ................ cheers for your input on this.

Checked out a couple more of those bycon things if people are interested:

Paper 22, transformers etc. - username: bycon22, password: fs4EF57Gh
Paper 26 - 3 phase etc. username: bycon26, password: ht90Ngs3

Hope they help

Well everyone the good news is that the 301 exam is not that bad....all I would say is that believe it or not the tricky questions are the health and safety ones....but thats only probably a couple of them and its really not worth reading the whole H+S unit just to get a couple of extra marks........

I'm all done now, 17th edition update on the 24th June, then relax for the rest of the summer and finally 2392 in sept....don't know what i'll do with myself on tues and thurs evenings now???

Congratulations Mark, nice one.
I've just finished another round of studying with mi' lad, and am encouraged to read your views about it not being too hard.
There is so much to learn its hard knowing where to concentrate your efforts. Would you be so kind enough as to give us a few examples of the questions you faced (if you can remember), or the main areas of revision please.
Cheers in anticipation.

Well done Mark. I sit my 301 a week tomorrow and the turors are trying to put the wind up us. The questions we are sitting for revision purposes are really heavily biased towards motors and calculations. It's starting to worry me a little as I have breezed the last 3 years and this exam has me on edge and I don't like it - not one little bit (control freak you see):D

Calculations...I had one! it was a simple question , just had to find the impedance given a resistive value and an inductive reactance and capacitive reactance, just very simple pythagoras. didn't even need a scientific calculator. Motor questions were very basic, the usual suspects 3 phase starting of small motors, how to adjust speed on a wound rotor motor, what should you do to a variable resistor in a dc shunt motor to increase speed.
electronics had the standard peak inverse question in, plus the light /photo type question.

there were a few tricky questions but the easy ones make up for these!!! I would say about 10 of my questions were identical to the sample papers that are floating around...

HONESTLY if you do as many multiple choice papers that you can get your hands on you'll breeze it......The swindon massive website (There is a link a few replies up) is more in depth than you need..if you just do the 301 mock paper on this website that will give you an indication of what you will be up against.

I was a little upset with the standard, cos I put a lot of work into my revision and people passed who I know were just cruising.....we had 1 failure out of 17 and he only failed by one question!!!!!!!

I'm not blowing my own trumpet but I was in the exam 13 minutes and got a distinction. I'm just giving you an indication. My advice would be DON'T WORRY...

Anyone who is on this site is obviously putting in the correct amount of effort and in my opinion you should n't struggle.......

Our lecturer gave us some old 2360 papers to do...now they were a lot scarier!!!!

the 2 health and safety ones that caught me out went something like this.

1, a mandatory sign is

a blue circle

b green rectangle

c blue rectangle

d red circle

I KNOW THE SIGN WAS BLUE JUST NOT THE SHAPE

2 if an accident occurs, photographic or video evidence is

a inadmissable

b essential evidence

c supportive evidence

d some other ridiculous answer

REALLY SHOULD THEY REALLY BE ASKING US QUESTIONS ABOUT PHOTOS!!!!!!!!

3 questions i had that were identical to online papers

Speed control of a 3 phase wound rotor motor is achieved by varying the
A Resistance in rotor winding
B Voltage applied to the stator
C Rotor winding inductance
D The number of stator windings

A capacitor start and run single phase induction motor runs as
A Quad phase motor
B Single phase motor
C Two phase motor
D Three phase motor

The role of a company's safety representative is to[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]a[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]represent employees on safety matters.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]b[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]be responsible for writing risk assessments.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]c[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]represent the company at HSE meetings.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]d[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]ensure safety facilities are available[/SIZE][/FONT]

Well done Mark. I sit my 301 a week tomorrow and the turors are trying to put the wind up us. The questions we are sitting for revision purposes are really heavily biased towards motors and calculations. It's starting to worry me a little as I have breezed the last 3 years and this exam has me on edge and I don't like it - not one little bit (control freak you see):D

Cirrus, i'm sure your lecturers are doin it in your best interests but from what I see of your posts on this forum you know what ya talking about and you have nothing to worry about..... there are obviously motor questions and I was probably just lucky(or unlucky depends how you look at it) on the amount of calcs I got..but it really is just basic stuff as long as you've done the groundwork you pass and pass easily...Don't lose sleep over it, I'm no genius and I passed ...

Ps I can see your a control freak from your sign on image!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 2330 city and guilds papers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock