Discuss 2330 level 3 302 exam testing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

No need to worry just think logically.

R1 is the same no matter what circuit as is R2.

So R1 on sockets is the end to end test as the same with R2.

So low range multimeter reading resistance from one end of the final ring circuit to the other.

Hope this makes sense to you! People on here will soon help you out no doubt

Hi.

You need to master the terminology required here too as little r1 & r2 only apply to ring final circuits.

I believe what you are wanting is (R1+R2), on a radial circuit be it lighting or power etc, you simply link L-CPC at one end and test between the two at the other. Obviously having followed safe isolation and disconnection of appropriate conductors etc etc.

By 'sockets' do you mean a ring final circuit??? If so you will need to cross connect L-CPC in a figure of eight fashion. The line conductor of the outgoing leg of the ring final is connected to the CPC of the incoming leg. Connect the remaining line of the incoming leg to the CPC of the outgoing leg and then test at each socket on the ring final circuit in turn.

The highest of these values is then recorded as the (R1+R2) for that particular circuit.

Hi everyone im stressed out iv got my exam on wednesday 302 practical and im finding the testing difficult iv managed
to figure out how to do the continuity (r1+r2) on lights but don't no how to do it on sockets thanks everyone

just wondered why you have left it so late, it might be a good idea to ask your colege tutor to show you

are teachers have no time and iv got a bad habit of leaving stuff last minute iv got away with it in the previous exam but i think iv learnt my lesson
now

Reply to 2330 level 3 302 exam testing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock