Discuss 2330 level 3 - Final Year in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

foster23

Hey,

Im going into my final year of the 2330 course and was just wondering what to expect really? I haven't done too bad so far, mainly credits and distinctions. I just really wanted to know if anyone knew how many exams, what sort of things to expect an that?

Hi foster,
you will have 2 written exams and 1 online multichoice.
First written is testing and inspection based.
Second written is fault finding and rectification based.
You will also have to do a practical testing and inspection exercise on purpose built rigs and also a fault finding and rectification exercise with a set amount of faults to find and rectify.
All relevant paperwork has to be submitted for these exercises as part of the grading system
bit more health and safety is also thrown in again .
Sounds a lot but it all seems to slot in within the given timeframe.
Best of luck with it

And be prepared for lots and lots of motor theory! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi foster,
you will have 2 written exams and 1 online multichoice.
First written is testing and inspection based.
Second written is fault finding and rectification based.
You will also have to do a practical testing and inspection exercise on purpose built rigs and also a fault finding and rectification exercise with a set amount of faults to find and rectify.
All relevant paperwork has to be submitted for these exercises as part of the grading system
bit more health and safety is also thrown in again .
Sounds a lot but it all seems to slot in within the given timeframe.
Best of luck with it

Just to add. You are allowed to take copies of the 17th edition and OSG into the written exams with you. I spent quite a bit of time with my nose stuck in these to prepare.

Hi Currus
Forgot about all the motor theory we did :rolleyes:
must have been REALLY interesting :p
Wonder if it will ever come in handy :confused:

Last edited:
i'm also in my 3rd year same as foster.i've got my practical tests in about 2weeks. trouble is i'm not in the trade at the moment cos we've got no work and my college is f'ing useless. 22 people trying to practice on 7 rigs once a week and now with half term coming up i'll have no chance to practise before my exam. 1st one is fault finding.is there a typical fault finding procedure that you would go through everytime? if so what you reccomend.

Hi madeinengland,

I done the testing exam about a month an a half ago. I've got my fault finding one in about a month. I thought it was going to be alot harder then i thought im in the trade and havent done alot of testing out in the field. I read up alot on testing and practiced in the test bay, (our college only has 1 test bay!!!). Practically i did well but its the paper work that let me down. Theres only 8 circuits to test, an u can do your insulation resistance at the board which saves a fair bit of time too.

Reply to 2330 level 3 - Final Year in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock