Discuss 2330 Level 3 - How Different Is It To Level 2? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

Hi, I'm curently doing my level 2 2330 at llandrillo in north wales, im also doing 2377PAT and 2393Building Regs in the evenings, I'm a mature student of 36 and ive been in the construction industry for 10 years self employed for 6, Electrics is not new to me, but something ive always been intrested in, seeing how work has dried up a fair bit i decided to enroll, Im finding the 2330 level 2 reasonably easy, i sat my 204 and 206 unit exams(practical) 6 months early at xmas and got a distiction for portfolio and work, i have my 201 next week, my question is just how different is the 2330 level 3?, ive heard its mostly theory? and how much harder is that theory?, can someone who obtains distictions and credits in the 2330 hack it in the level 3? and what are the end exams like,multiple choice?,ive heard they are written, how is that done?..many thanks..

sounds like you should have no probs, yes mostly brain work
what i can remember there was

small fault finding test
two written exams
a couple of multi stab exams
practical fault diagnosis and rectification then full test of rig and fill out installation certificate using reults of test

don't worry some right doylems passed when i did it

regards

I'll be honest im two thirds through my 2330 Lv.3 and its substantionally move involved with regards to maths and calculations. Some of the formulas are incredibly deep. Having said that its definitely attainable with a little hard work.

As above theres two practical exams, Cant comment on these as we have not done them yet. Two written 2 hour exams, these are quite challenging but if you think logically and remember what you've been learning you should be fine. And a Multi choice exam (online), unlike the ones on the lv2 its covers a broad range (H&S, Calculations, 3phase, Star/Delta, Transformers, Generation) not a defined area (H&S, wiring theories ect ect) but its all covered in the book.

The parts of the course ive done have been a challenge but none the less very enjoyable.

Hope That Helps

Best regards

James

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 2330 Level 3 - How Different Is It To Level 2? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net