Discuss 2330 or Part P and 17th Ed? (URGENT) in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Its always been the same, always remember the young wasters from my school with a criminal record getting shipped off to southampton FC for the day for a training session with le tissier etc to try and motivate them to do better whilst all the hard working kids sat at school dead p***ed off!!!

I know its not relevent but my point is I really dont think it pays to try hard! why should you get it any cheaper if you wasted your education, should have to pay more to give some back in my opinion

but thats just me

Well, I'm one of those that got it cheaper for wasting my education!

Thanks for your words tony.towa and don't worry, I'll get you a beer if we ever do meet ;)

Right, in front of me I have the college policy on fees etc.

LEARNERS OVER 19 - FULL TIME

Full time learners (450hrs or more) on a means tested benefit (On dole, housing benefit etc) with a household income of LESS than £15,050 (subject to change)

No tuition fees to pay (£520)
Upto £67.50 towards the cost of all exam fees (£200), balance payable by student. You must apply to the Learner Support Fund for this.

Learner Support Fund: Upto £225 for academic year. Depending on course you may receive eqpt. instead of money

Transport: If you live more than 3miles from college you receive 65% discount on smartcards bought from college.

FULL TIME LEARNERS NOT ON BENEFIT WITH A HOUSEHOLD INCOME OF LESS THAN £19,513 (single students) OR £30,810 FOR STUDENTS MARRIED/LIVING WITH A PARTNER.

TUITION FEES: £400 if commencing in 08/09
£250 if progressing onto year2 of course you started in 07

EXAM FEES: Payable by you in full

LEARNER SUPPORT FUND: Upto £225 for academic year. Depending on course you may receive eqpt. instead of money

TRANSPORT: If you live more than 3miles from college you receive 65% discount on smartcards bought from college.

FULL TIME LEARNERS NOT ON BENEFIT WITH AN INCOME OF MORE THAN £19,513 OR £30,810.

NOTHING, NICHE, NADA.

LEARNERS OVER 19 - PART TIME

Part time learners on a means tested benefit (On dole, housing benefit etc) with a household income of LESS than £15,050 (subject to change)

TUITION FEES: None (£520)

EXAM FEE: Upto £67.50 towards the cost of all exam fees (£200), balance payable by student. You must apply to the Learner Support Fund for this.

Learner Support Fund: You will receive 50p per guided learning hour.

Transport: No help

PART TIME LEARNERS NOT ON BENEFIT WITH A HOUSEHOLD INCOME OF LESS THAN £19,513 (single students) OR £30,810 FOR STUDENTS MARRIED/LIVING WITH A PARTNER.

TUITION FEES: Payable by you

EXAM FEES: Payable by you in full

LEARNER SUPPORT FUND: You will receive 50p per guided learning hour.

TRANSPORT: No help.

PART TIME LEARNERS NOT ON BENEFIT WITH AN INCOME OF MORE THAN £19,513 OR £30,810.

NOTHING, NICHE, NADA.

Hope this has helped some of you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi when 2330 first started it was five days a week level 1+2 thnen day release for a year.now i think its gone to level 2 and last for a college term then level 3.within in this time you will learn practical and alot of theory.the point i'm trying to make is you can go on a five day course and get part p etc.but you are putting lives at risk because you dont know the understanding of electrics.people like kitchen fitters for eg.[sorry kitchen fitters]think that because they can sign of kitchen sockets that they fully qualified electricians and start taking on re-wires etc. IS PAR P A GOOD THING? - NO IT LET IN EVEN MORE COWBOYS. do the right thing and go through the training.

Do ur 17th regs, if u got ur NVQ2 + NVQ3, not sure what they are in C&G electrical installation ref. numbers. Don't do the part P course its a money maker.

Part P is a registration.
That will cover you to work for yourself, if you wanna starting fitting electrical extractor fans then you NEED to get another document - Part L or something.

Hi

I Am also on the 2330 in my 2nd year now, Just under a grand for the first year is very expensive, my college was less than half that for the first year, and 2nd year is even cheaper, which college have you enrolled at?

I also think your doing the right thing by doing the 2330, I have been taught alot by my college.

Stick with it and let me know how your getting on.

Well done bane mate, stick with the 2330 about to start first year myself as an adult learner on thurs!! I did my part p & 17th on a intensive course but only used it as a stepping stone to get me a baseground for a sparks mate job & had every intention of getting properly qualified by doing 2330 got to be the best route for knowledge than the 5 day wonders i did to start with.

Cheers Jutt!

Start tomorrow, having to get up at 6am and be at college for 8am.

Looking forward to it! Will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Hi. Finished my 2330 level 3, 17th Ed,this year and just passed my 2391. Those of you taking the 2330 L2 & L3 route will realise when you have completed the three years that this is the best decision you will ever make. It was a hard slog for me as at the age of 34 when I started, and not having been in a classroom for 18 years I really had to put the work in! But having those certificates in your hand makes you appreciate it a whole lot more. FFS If I can do it, anyone can.

Having been through it, I now feel that there is no way on this earth that a 5
week course can begin to give you the knowledge required to cope with every situation you will encounter during your working life as an electrical contractor. You will really value the background knowledge that you will aquire from these courses.

Imo 5 week part p courses have their place for time served electricians who wish to obtain registration with an organisation for part p certification,but as an alternative to 2330 for someone with little experience there really is no comparison. The background theory for electrical installation is vast and to become a competent and safe contractor there really is only one route.

I would urge you to complete the 2330 L3, as I found that the 3rd year was when it all came together and I finally "got it". The inspection and testing aspect of L3 will be invaluable and you will see how much it sets you apart from other less well qualified electricians.

You may find it hard at times, but persevere, don't give up and enjoy!

And good luck. You can do anything you want to if you try hard enough.

Last edited:
Hi everybody im new to the forum as i have just signed up yesterday to do my level 3 2330 in Liverpool. I would appreciate any past exam papers and will reciprocate with a couple of Ebooks (latest editions) covering the level 2 and 3 of the 2330. I have been working doing electrical installations for over 30 years but have never got around to getting 2330 qualified. My exisiting qualifcations are all in Electronics so the maths part etc of the 2330 should be ok. anyway if anybody wants the links to the ebooks then please ask and any exams would be most welcome. Also upgrading my 16th to 17th at the same time so any past papers appreciated, i also have the 17th regs as an Ebook as well for those interested.

Hi everybody im new to the forum as i have just signed up yesterday to do my level 3 2330 in Liverpool. I would appreciate any past exam papers and will reciprocate with a couple of Ebooks (latest editions) covering the level 2 and 3 of the 2330. I have been working doing electrical installations for over 30 years but have never got around to getting 2330 qualified. My exisiting qualifcations are all in Electronics so the maths part etc of the 2330 should be ok. anyway if anybody wants the links to the ebooks then please ask and any exams would be most welcome. Also upgrading my 16th to 17th at the same time so any past papers appreciated, i also have the 17th regs as an Ebook as well for those interested.

Please stick to one thread.

just to let you know, the government are going to scrap the part p as they realise that it is only confusing the industry and it will be stopped either later this year or early next. Stick with the 2330 or if you have the time + Backing + money do the 2357 which is the 2330 plus the nvq3 rolled into one?

2330 ends/ed this year ,2357(includes nvq) takes over and will only be available to people employed in the industry ,so i'm told

Reply to 2330 or Part P and 17th Ed? (URGENT) in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock