Discuss 2365-02 equal to Part P or better?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Clive6

Hi all,

I'm currently near completion of my 1st year 2365-02.

I don't think I'm looking to a change my current occupation ( Paving & Landscape Contractor ) to 'full-time' sparky.

So rather than doing another 2 years at college ( 2 evenings a week ) to complete the full 2365-03, I'm seeking advice on whether my 2365-02 is equal to Part P.

Because I wish to carry out garden lighting installations ( 12v ) off existing spur with RCD and understand this is non-notifiable under Part P Competent scheme.

For your information I have 20 years plus experience in design & build of high end gardens with lighting schemes. To connect power to lighting scheme we always bring in an electrician.

But now since I aim to complete garden electrical installations myself I need to know if I can do this under my 2365-02.

If this isn't sufficient then what other qualifications do I need?

Thanking you in advance.

Clive

2382 to be up to speed with latest regs. check on the changes proposed for part p next month. it's all to do with what is and is not notifiable to building control.

Reply to 2365-02 equal to Part P or better?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Hoping someone can advise. I have spent 4 years on an apprenticeship: Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualificaiton (Installation route)...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon All Currently doing an EICR on common parts of a big site with multiple blocks. All blocks have outside garden spike lighting in...
Replies
Views
Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum! Quick background on me: I have a degree in electrical engineering and spent many years working with qualified...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows whether there is such a thing as a distance learning version of the level 3 (C&G or EAL) Electrical...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock