Discuss 2365 level 3 without level 2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm currently in the army but I'm starting to plan for Civi Street. I recently completed the domestic installer course with my learning credits, Im doing 18th edition wiring online now and 2391-52 at the end of the month. I've also got a 2 day electric car charging point C & G in March.

Everything I have read makes me think I will struggle to find work with these quals, and I want to make sure I am employable when leave.

So I was looking at the level 3 2365 with a view to doing the NVQ level 3 and AM2 to get the gold card that seems vital to have.

My question is: can I just do the level 3 2365 without doing the level 2?

And does anyone know any decent part time training providers that offer the 2365 cause I doubt I'll be getting the time off to do it full time?

Cheers in advance

J

Hello guys,

I'm currently in the army but I'm starting to plan for Civi Street. I recently completed the domestic installer course with my learning credits, Im doing 18th edition wiring online now and 2391-52 at the end of the month. I've also got a 2 day electric car charging point C & G in March.

Everything I have read makes me think I will struggle to find work with these quals, and I want to make sure I am employable when leave.

So I was looking at the level 3 2365 with a view to doing the NVQ level 3 and AM2 to get the gold card that seems vital to have.

And does anyone know any decent part time training providers that offer the 2365 cause I doubt I'll be getting the time off to do it full time?

Cheers in advance

J
Hi J
I completed level 1.2.3 the level one was 2330 however my advice to you is complete an experience worker course here you complete the NVQ and AM2 as your a new entry to becoming an electrician the 18th edition has to be completed thats it log in to ECS website get your gold card, dont waste time and money like i did completing level 3 because now this is important the JIB wont recognise your level 2 and 3 2365 certificates so alls that will be displayed on your gold card is NVQ 3 and 18th not even AM2 is shown on the card. Dont waste yeah time doing 2365 course level 2 or 3. Colleges wont tell you JIB wont recognise or any other training provider hope this helps you.

Paddy

Hi J
I completed level 1.2.3 the level one was 2330 however my advice to you is complete an experience worker course here you complete the NVQ and AM2 as your a new entry to becoming an electrician the 18th edition has to be completed thats it log in to ECS website get your gold card, dont waste time and money like i did completing level 3 because now this is important the JIB wont recognise your level 2 and 3 2365 certificates so alls that will be displayed on your gold card is NVQ 3 and 18th not even AM2 is shown on the card. Dont waste yeah time doing 2365 course level 2 or 3. Colleges wont tell you JIB wont recognise or any other training provider hope this helps you.

Paddy
Ex army or still serving dont pay for coursers the Government do

Hi J

Paddy
Those experienced worker assesments usually ask for evidence of your experience, what's the way of getting around this? im 18 so how would i go about getting the gold card as quick as possible? thanks.

Those experienced worker assesments usually ask for evidence of your experience, what's the way of getting around this? im 18 so how would i go about getting the gold card as quick as possible? thanks.

There isn't a way around having required experience for that route and at 18 years of age I can't see anyone even considering letting you try.

Spend the next couple of months getting everything in line and start an apprenticeship in September - in the long run you'll be thankful for having done so.

Hello guys,

Cheers in advance

J
What trade group where you in 12? (RAF expression).

Whats is your day job.

If you have the 18th and the 2391 get a job as an improver and don't bother with the 2365.

To the original question, i know with 100% certainty you cannot do the level 3 without the level 2 - i tried and the answer from C&G was an unequivocal no.

Depends on living situation but in your position i'd do a proper apprenticeship. You're not old enough to have the required experience and are unlikely to even blag being an improver because of your age. If you can stomach a few years on crap wages try to get an apprenticeship.

Reply to 2365 level 3 without level 2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock