Discuss 2382-10 course this week in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bert1964

Hi all, i've been reading this forum over the last several Months and thought i'd take the plunge.
I'm leaving the Navy after 22 long years and start my 17th edition course tomorrow. I've also got Domestic Electrical Installers Course and a 2391 booked over the next few Weeks.
This forum is a great place for help and advice and i've passed the site on to a couple of sparks I know.
I'm just going to search for past exams for the 2382-10 and get my head in the red book :eek:

Thanks to all who have helped me decide this route.

Regards,
Mike

Welcome to forums Mike. do you have any back ground on electrical..??
My advice to you is study and get to know your way around the red book...exam is base on open book. I have found the Question 1 to 60 is start from chapter1 toward to end of the book, so don't close your book. in class am sure be getting a sample questions and work throught it in your own. and you might getting a similar question in the exam but do read the questions very carefully and watch out for the word NOT.

I found in the real exam you don't have that much time to find the answer in the book unless when question is reffer to a table...
I did the exam back in June, I didn't used the book much only reffer it to the table for an answer....i was quite lucky that i didn't get any calculation question...

Let me put your mind at rest...there was a guy missed out the first day of class and turn up in the second day and pass his exam on the next morning....

Ideally you should start doing the Part P first then 17th edition....give you much more knowlege ...best of luck....!!...let us know if you need any help...!!!.

PS: have you find any questions yet..??....not long ago i think Luke have post pass exam questions....

Welcome Mike.
Good luck with your future career.
If you have any questions just ask, someone out there will have the answer.

Well, I sat the exam yesterday and i've got to give the training centre a ring on Monday to find out the results ......... Fingers crossed!

We all passed! Really pleased and I can concentrate on my next courses now

Seems a lot of colleges make you wait now Shakey. I had to wait 2 days.

I wonder why?

It annoys me a bit - you pay for the course, you pay to sit the exam, and the second you finish, that result becomes your intelectual property - what right does anybody have to withold that from you without good reason?:confused:

that result becomes your intellectual property

I got into a right argument with my local college when i did my 17th. I just done a exam, no course, took exam, passed (only 3 wrong) woman showed me the bar graph result sheet but would not let me have it, said it was for lectures feed back. Asked how that applied to me as i had not sat a course. 3 phone calls and 30 mins later they let me have the sheet.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got into a right argument with my local college when i did my 17th. I just done a exam, no course, took exam, passed (only 3 wrong) woman showed me the bar graph result sheet but would not let me have it, said it was for lectures feed back. Asked how that applied to me as i had not sat a course. 3 phone calls and 30 mins later they let me have the sheet.:mad:

Ruddy hell!

thats exactly what I am talking about - it is YOUR property

Arguably, the tutor should not be ALLOWED to see it. They should not be 'teaching to the exam' (well they definetely werent in your case!), and so indivudual results or breakdowns should be irrelevent to them.

They said that in a group exam if everyone got a low score in one section say equipment, it may show a defect in the course or the teaching methods of the college/lecturer. Stuck to my guns and threatened to hold a protest in the lobby and they gave in:D

I insisted on taking mine too (although only to wind up my boss who did the course with me as he only got 70% and I wanted to put my 98%er on the wall in the workshop lol)

im so mean;)

Hi Bert.
Like you I've been in my job for 20yrs (bt engineer) I'm trying to get my head around which course to take to work as an electrician. Do you have experience of electrical work?

Hi Bert.
Like you I've been in my job for 20yrs (bt engineer) I'm trying to get my head around which course to take to work as an electrician. Do you have experience of electrical work?

So I am not the only one fed up with the way company is going then :D

Hi Bert.
Hi BT, i'm just leaving the Royal Navy after 22 years where i've been an Electrical Engineer.
I've done my 17th edition and i'm in my 1st week of a domestic installers course and next Month i'm booked in for a Inspect and Testing course next Month.
Regards,
Mike

Little piece of advice..the 2382 is really an exam u shouldnt fail if yr a sparky,saying that..i have mine on monday!!.however the 2391 is a totally different animal..u have to be clued up to pass it..its a whole new ball game compared to multiple choice with yr books..make sure yr ready 4 it...

Reply to 2382-10 course this week in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock