Discuss 2382 mock exam question help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Penance

Did a mock exam today and not too happy with answer to a question, well 2 actually. Ill give the questions and would appreciate people's ideas to answers as the lecturer didn't seem clear, infect he changed one of his answers to match my answer!

First one:
Which of the following earthing system would you expect to find connected to a caravan pitch
A: tncs
B: tt
C: tnc
D: tns

Second question:
Diagram showing a dp switch marked on/off supplying an immersion heater, question is - the intended purpose of the dp switch with on and off positions clearly marked is to provide
A: emergency switching
B: switching by skilled persons only
C: isolation and protection
D switching off for mechanical maintenance

What would your answers be?

Exactly what I said but apparently I was wrong.

Question 1 he said tns which I disagree with but can't find a reg to say for sure.

Question 2 he said it was mechanical maintenance but I said isolation as 537.3.1.2 states that for mechanical maintenance the switch shall have suitable means of preventing unintentional reactivation and IMO a marked dp switch does not.

So who is right?

I would say that for Q2 D is the correct answer because for isolation you should have a means of locking off and that a DP switch does not offer any protection.

Regards wa

it's a bad question anyway generally the D/P switch feediung an immersion heater is to turn the bugger on and off.

the 1st Q. can be TN-S or TT, but deffo not TNC-S

I agree, questions are too ambiguous.
The wording "expect to find" is really open to what personal experience has shown and yet c&g will only have one acceptable answer.
Yes a dp switch on an immersion was purely there for my dad to turn it off when we'd used too much hot water.

Reply to 2382 mock exam question help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net