Discuss 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TPES

Evening all!

I have been doing my 2382 exam simulator..

I did terrible!!

Am i right in thinking that ALL questions asked in the 17th regs book can be found in the big red book??

I understand some of these may be simple questions and easy for many of you to answer. But could you tell me the reg number that will give me these answers??

Its taking me ages to scroll through the book.

Attachments

• 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? 17th Q - EletriciansForums.net
    17th Q.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 157
  • 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? 17th Q1 - EletriciansForums.net
    17th Q1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? 17th Q2 - EletriciansForums.net
    17th Q2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? 17th Q3 - EletriciansForums.net
    17th Q3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? 17th Q4 - EletriciansForums.net
    17th Q4.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 78
Sid,

Did you do the full course or just the
update?

Some of the answers are in the BRB and some of them are things which you should have been taught.

1 Zs=Ze +(R1+R2)

2 Sec 445

3 411.5.3

4 not sure yet.

5 411.3.1.2

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the reply jason, I have my full course in about 3 weeks time, im using this simulator to practice on, Im finding it hard to find the answers in under 2mins. find most my time searching the book for the correct section.

Sid,

The idea of the course is to show you the way round the regs book (amongst other things).

Also, the way the questions are put can sometimes be very confusing, making you read too much into.

Other times they word the question in such a way that you simply get the answer the wrong way round and its in there for you to tick as well.

The link that Mr G posted is very good and will help you understand the way their mind works.

Good luck!

Cheers J.

Yeah some of the questions are very tricky, im trying to break it down and pick words out that might instantly determine what section of the book to go to, but then some questions incoparate 2 different sets of words that without knowing could be in 1 of 2 sections of the book.. this is where my time is getting wasted.

I really appreciate your help guys.. This forum is the dogs Bo**ocks!

I wish there was more time to find each question, what a pain in the arse!
At first i thought 2 mins per question was loads of time.. Now i think 20 mins wouldnt be long enough!

Im struggling to determine from the question what part of the book i should go stright too.. Why am i finding it so hard.. surely the clue is in the question?

Heres an example..

What clue is this question giving you to tell you to go to section "****" in the book for the answer ???

Attachments

• 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? Untitled - EletriciansForums.net
    Untitled.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 72
You should find the answer under RCM or Residual Current Monitor.

With questions like this you need to pick out the two 'parts' as it were.

For example 'RCD' or 'RCM'.

The index at the back is fairly good and usually guides in the right direction.

Just out of interest, are you doing home study or are you at a training centre?

If you are at a training centre then they should have explained roughly how the regs work.

You should find the answer under RCM or Residual Current Monitor.

With questions like this you need to pick out the two 'parts' as it were.

For example 'RCD' or 'RCM'.

The index at the back is fairly good and usually guides in the right direction.

Just out of interest, are you doing home study or are you at a training centre?

If you are at a training centre then they should have explained roughly how the regs work.

I have not started my 2382 regs course yet, it starts next week. So i will be taught more on it then..

Im just trying to get a head start at home before the course begins.

Sid I have posted this on another thread somewhere, however here it is again.

In the back of your Regs book (notes) make a quick index list for yourself of area's that you think you may need to refer to (i.e. tables, charts etc) in the Regs book during your exam - example:

Earth Loop Impedance Tables P46 - P49
Fire Fighters Switches P122
Residual Current Monitor (RCM) P124

and so on........

The Regs book is a working document so you can include notes and after all there is nothing that you could put in the notes that isn't already in the book. Lots of people don't use it to their advantage.

This way you can pick out and reference the areas quicker. Some people tab pages and highlight sections.

Hope this helps!

Warren

This is my first full attempt at the exam.. Failed!

Have to get minimum of 60% in each section right?

I've tabbed my book up to death!! im going to have ago at this once or twice a day up untill my actual exam day.
Hopefully get 100% in each section... (Yeah rightooo)

I didnt know they broke it up this way.. is it an equal amount of questions in each section does anyone know?

Attachments

• 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? 2382-10 Results - EletriciansForums.net
    2382-10 Results.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 50
Hi all ive just past my 17th with 96percent did the full course not an update ,its a big advantage if you own the brb as you can tagit and make a quick reference index, none of the questions are trick questions all you have to do is select the right word from the question then find it in the index, the regs is split in to sections and they ask you so many questions from each section and all you do on the course is go through these sections doing practice questions on the way it is a relatively easy exam if you pay attention on the course but wouldnt bother wasting money on simulators and all that.any questions welcome

I've tabbed my book up to death!! im going to have ago at this once or twice a day up untill my actual exam day.

I didnt know they broke it up this way.. is it an equal amount of questions in each section does anyone know?
no its not its:part 1=4 part2=3 part3=5 part4=14 part5=15 part6=6 part7=10 part8=3

Evening all!

I have been doing my 2382 exam simulator..

I did terrible!!

Am i right in thinking that ALL questions asked in the 17th regs book can be found in the big red book??

I understand some of these may be simple questions and easy for many of you to answer. But could you tell me the reg number that will give me these answers??

Its taking me ages to scroll through the book.
where did you get these questions i just passed my 17th and questions were nothing like this

I'm sure I never got 66% in all of my sections and I passed?!..:confused:

never got given the pass rate but am sure its 60 percent

Well, unless it's changed since last July, the pass is definitely not 60% in every section! I think it could be 66% overall? But then again, I did 2382-200, could be marked differently?

I've just found my score report, I ain't even gonna tell ya what I got in the section for 'selection and erection of equipment' Trust me, it was no where near 66%, and I mean no where near...:eek:

Two of the sections I got 50%, one 67% ,four at 100% and then there was the 'freak' one which we won't go into....

Sid I have posted this on another thread somewhere, however here it is again.

In the back of your Regs book (notes) make a quick index list for yourself of area's that you think you may need to refer to (i.e. tables, charts etc) in the Regs book during your exam - example:

Earth Loop Impedance Tables P46 - P49
Fire Fighters Switches P122
Residual Current Monitor (RCM) P124

and so on........

The Regs book is a working document so you can include notes and after all there is nothing that you could put in the notes that isn't already in the book. Lots of people don't use it to their advantage.

This way you can pick out and reference the areas quicker. Some people tab pages and highlight sections.

Hope this helps!

Warren

Are you sure that you can take your regs book into the exam with you, because at our course we have been told that we will be given a book for use in the exam.

Reply to 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock