Discuss 2391/02 courses in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MIKEY

I'm looking at doing a 2391/02 course, i would rather do an evening class over 12 or so weeks but work commitments mean that I'll probably have to do a 5 day course somewhere. But I don't want to fork out the money and then realise that it's to much to do in a short time so does anyone know where i can gat some course notes or sample course/exam notes to get me up to speed before I apply. Plus doea anyone know any good course providers. I am working between south west wales and weymouth in dorset. Would appreciate your feed back. cheers

Send me a PM providing you email address I might be able to send you some materials that could be useful to you. I don't know how to do it via this website.

tHANKS FOR THAT dARIUS> NEW TO THIS SITE BUT I'LL HAVE A GO SEE IF I CAN WORK IT OUT.

has anyone got any cse notes or practice papers for me to get stuck into before I go ahead and start a cse for 2391/02 (used to be the design c and g 2400) . I haven't received any e mail from you yet darius with your bits and pieces so I'm hoping you got the right e mail address. Cheers

dunno if you need to go to spec savers but theres a post in this section which is sticky'd with 2391 papers

http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...amples-city-guilds-2391-past-exam-papers.html

regards, and enjoy

Luke, be no good to this fella

he's going for the second part of the 2391, the old 2400 course

as crazy as it sounds, this is even harder than the 'normal' 2391:eek:

best of luck my friend, I might have something, see if i can dig it out tommorrow;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks lscotty, what was you saying about specsavers!. Seriously though thanks for the feed back. Thanks also to you shakey, much appreciated.

Thanks lscotty, what was you saying about specsavers!. Seriously though thanks for the feed back. Thanks also to you shakey, much appreciated.

ok, Mikey, found some, bit of a mish mash of exam papers, i'll PM them to you

I will trust that these are for you to use, not put on Ebay!

sorry, dont know how to put attatchemnts on this system

PM me with your email, and i will see what i can do

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for assistance with the 2391-02 written exam (old 2400)..

Failed the written exam last time :(, but I want to get through it in December (as I've now got the project 2391-03 pass certificate), I have lots of past papers (6 sets or so without answers) but as the new regs are now in not sure how relevantthe older one's will be, and as such need to revise with a set of papers with answers so I can find out where I went wrong..

Any one have papers I could have?.

I MUST STRESS THIS IS FOR MY OWN USE !!!

Thanks in advance

V-Max2xs

[ hi there

i am siting it for the first time indecember and can only find one 2400 paper which has to be changed there course provider has only got 35 questions and these are 2400 changes scadden has the old 2400 questions changed as well .

anyway ggod luck i know i will need it pass mark is around 60 %

was your project the book shop mine is a dry cleaners travel agent and flats

cheers

Hi,
My project was the 'Huge' school building; it must have had 20 rooms or more to provide design for...

Got it sorted though and I’ve ended up with a good electronic template for a new build design (I will go through it at some stage to sort out the minor glitches and make it more readable).

I've ordered and received Scadden's 17th edition design & verification book and have started to read it. (not bad so far as it is in plane English with clearly worked examples).

Cheers

V-Max

Hi Guys

I took my design written in June this year and it was written to the 17th Edition (don't know why but it was!) and therefore some of the cable calc questions were written with Method A etc and I did sweat a bit.

What I will say is that there were only a couple of questions really relating to the 17th (mainly cable calcs) and therefore take any info people have to offer on the old 2400 because you can adapt your answers to the 17th i.e. IR Testing changes.

I passed the exam even though I didn't take and pass my 17th Edition till the early July.

There is a book produced by the IEE that only came out in May this year which I bought after I passed but I really could have done with it before:

Amazon.co.uk: Electrical Installation Design Guide: Calculations for Electricians and Designers: Paul Cook: Books

V-Max2xs I also had the school design for the assessment - enjoy!

Hope this helps!

Warren

PS: have got Scaddans 16th Ed Design & Verification in pdf in anyone wants - PM Me.

hio all

i have the new 17th version of the iee design guide but seems still to be a bit 16th edition direct contact etc.

20 quids from rs components

what i need quickly are more exam questions rarer than hens teeth.

got some from the course tutor but these are 2400 not really changed and scaddens of course

anyway just going for nothing to loose hey except sanity for doing the damn course .

Acs gas next year oh Bliss !!!!!!!!!!!!!

is there a better way to pay a morgage ?????????

v-max

just wondered if you have an old exam questions ??

cheers

hi mate im in the same boat i was hoping to do the course and if you had any information would be greatful if you would forward if not thanks anyway shak

hi there

the only exam paper is sitting on the msn sparkys reserection site

MSN Groups - More Useful Everyday

u may have to register ???

the other stuff was made up from scadddens stuff big deal hey !!!

they are all mostly 2400 questions bodged to fit the new course so based on that iam going for that first.

The project is a travel agents, drycleaner and flats. leaving FOR LATER.

there is also some buildiing reg stuuf and by your self a copy of the electricity at work act or what ever thats is in there as well

cheer

sorry that all i can tell you and good luck my exam is on the 9th

thanks anyway mate keep me posted if you get anything id love to see project do you have a copy?i cant get on until 11th of may ive booked in. if you do get any paper please let me know hope you all the best in your exam

[ hi there

i am siting it for the first time indecember and can only find one 2400 paper which has to be changed there course provider has only got 35 questions and these are 2400 changes scadden has the old 2400 questions changed as well .

anyway ggod luck i know i will need it pass mark is around 60 %

was your project the book shop mine is a dry cleaners travel agent and flats

cheers

How you getting on with it I am doing the same one and found this site while trawling the tinternet for Construction site rules for question 5

Reply to 2391/02 courses in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock