Discuss 2391-10 Practical Exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Steve D

Hi All,

I've got my Inspection & testing practical exam this week. Can any of you experienced guys out there offer any words of wisdom in preparation for it.

Many Thanks
Steve

What about the inspection board where you've got to identify all of the non compliances ?

What sort of setup do they normally have that you're looking at - is it a consumer unit with various connected circuits, similar to the test board ?

While at the inspection board just a quick one ! but make sure you tell the mock customer your removing power and after safe isolation make sure after switching off/locking off etc you take the key out of the lock and put it into your pocket as you will fail if you dont !
There is also a couple of 2391 past links at the bottom of this page.
Best of luck Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Steve
Just did my three little exams last Friday, Sorry at work at the mo but will pop up a propper answer later tonight, feel free to pm if you like.

Cheers
Duncan

Hi Steve

Sorry it's a bit late but just got in Fuggin work!!!

I'm just like you been working a none sparky job and learning at college, although the last six months been doing my owne domestic jobs and the odd bit of commercial. Quite interesting and nothing like the stuff you do in college some jobs good (£) some utter ****e!! live and learn.

Right down to bussines

just had my written and three little exams (big fella on Wed's :confused:)

The inspection board at college (Poole Dorset) comprised of a very simple set of circuits.

In the Middle a CU with 4 ways and fed from a double pole switch (not live) with the incoming tails & Main Earth cut of below the board. No covers on (this was not a fault )

First fault was on the Bonding, it had no warning lable on the earth tag on the water pipe. so quite easy

First Circuit: lighting circiut fed from 6A bs1362 in 1mm out of top of CU into a ceiling rose, then onto a 2 way switch (all covers off not a fault)

Second Fault: open gromit in CU for the 1mm, so not IP4X should be a closed one

Third Fault: Insulation cut back to far entering ceiling rose, exposing conductors.

Four Fault: To much copper conducter showing on phase entering termination of three plate rose.

Fifth Fault: No sleaving on wires in two way switch, E.g no idea of switch wire or common live

Second Circuit: Switched Fused radial fed from CU of 20A Bs1362 in 2.5mm Tw&e

Six Fault: load side of SF wired incorrectly. L in N.

Third Circiut: Radial in 2.5mm to 2 13amp sockets from 16A 1362.

Seventh Fault: No sleaving on CPC

Eighth Fault: Cable clipped up twisted on its side.

Nineth Fault: Bend radiouse to tight on cables.

Tenth Fault: shedule says 16A but has 32A in place. over rated.

Fourth Circuit: 6mm SWA to garage door via 20A 1362

Elleventh Fault: No fly lead to banjo nut for cpc, so steel wire not earthed

Twelevth Fault: Neutrals and lives all numbered but not in matching holes on neutral bar.

Hope that lot helps mate???

and good luck

Cheers

Duncan:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 2391-10 Practical Exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net