Discuss 2391 20 design project 2400 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

hi i was hoping i would be able to get some past papers and course notes im hoping to take 2391-02 if anybody got any info with project work or a poject you did would like a copy if possible hope i could get some help thank

hi mate im taking the course soon would like any help possible please past papers/course notes please

Last edited:
finished project and handed in today anyone needs any help or feedback ples let me konw
thanks for all your comments

Hello people, passed the written exam 2391-20 its pretty much the same as 2391 , just keep banging aload of external influences code in for the questions , pretty much the same codes for every question I had.
Got a couple of weeks to do the king dick house project, im not a cheat or lazy but just got no time!
Come on scotty wod son giz some answers/calcs etc..please please
noggin

ok just realised i buggered up my cable calks for the King dick project and would have to do them all again. Spoke to college and getting a new project in September. Thankfully no exam though as i passed that.

Well done bet it was the fastest three hours you spent writing and drawing.:)
i have past everything and damned if i can get the rhubarb rhubarb certificate sorted out passed in feb and six months later still no cert :(:(:(

cheers and well done

W
just had results through for the exam, only gone and passed :)

just got to make a start on the king richard project now :(

Anyone here got past papers for this exam ? I am due to sit this exam and could do with a few more papers to practice on !

Thanks

Pete

hi there

the december exam had qestions about electrical seperation, a earth path tns system drraw a typical busbar incoming layout, electrical isolation, a scadden question about lighting calculation just amongst a few.

cheers

Thanks for the info,

I passed the exam and am trying to get the project sorted out what a pain it is turning out to be !

Speak later

Pete

not even made a real start yet on the project.. whens the cutoff date? n e 1 got any useful info on it?

been told i have to get it finished by first week september

i'm struggling with diversity for whole installation, can someone give me a clue (or just the answer :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

There are calculations that you can use from the IEC Secretairat 254 i think is the reference number, if you get the book

Electrical Installation Design Guide: Calculations for Electricians and Designers, Paul Cook

this has all the info on it and all the diversity factors that you need to apply for the installation as there are areas that need to be compensated for, as you have residential and small office in the same installation. I think that alot of it is qualified best guess.

Thats what i did anyway. If you need some more information then PM me and i will get in touch.

Pete

hi new to this just started the 2392 20 project and finding it a bit of a pain.
to many calcs to do over and over i got the community center can any body help

Hi I'm in the same boat, I think I passed the exam but have to wait :(

I have the community centre project and to be frank don't know where to begin!

The Solar Panels have me stumped, don't know if we have to spec some of a suitable size to work the calcs out? Doesn't seem to be enough information in the detail sheet, I'd be happy to help/ confer with this project, the calcs don't worry me (yet!) but need a starting nudge.

I would be nice to have and also offer some help.

Cheers

The Solar Panels have me stumped, don't know if we have to spec some of a suitable size to work the calcs out? Doesn't seem to be enough information in the detail sheet, I'd be happy to help/ confer with this project, the calcs don't worry me (yet!) but need a starting nudge.

Cheers

hi there

i have done last years project and think you need to look at solar panels and the usual installtion seperately
treat the solar panels as sepearet dc and then through the inverter to ac

this to me suggests the following

switching over supply at the incoming ie seperated ie ac generated by mains and dc invertered
metering
earthing
check sec 712 in the regs as a good starting point

good luck

Cheers

Your own tutor should be avaialble for advice, however dont get bogged down with calcs for the pv panels,the requirement is to select from manufacturers data suitable equipment ie the inverter and isolation etc plus a detailed description of the 712 requirements

there are no details given for the output of the panels hence the equipment description will be general, hope this helps

hello bert

make things easier for yourself and identify positions for additional db`s there are 3 I have identified which will keep sub circuits shorter, eliminate grouping and make vd and Zs easy ti achieve

what wiring system have you chosen for the cafeteria?

Your own tutor should be avaialble for advice, however dont get bogged down with calcs for the pv panels,the requirement is to select from manufacturers data suitable equipment ie the inverter and isolation etc plus a detailed description of the 712 requirements

there are no details given for the output of the panels hence the equipment description will be general, hope this helps

hello bert

make things easier for yourself and identify positions for additional db`s there are 3 I have identified which will keep sub circuits shorter, eliminate grouping and make vd and Zs easy ti achieve

what wiring system have you chosen for the cafeteria?

I chose galv conduit under screed, and i have added a db for the kitchen due to the load

hi there

i have done last years project and think you need to look at solar panels and the usual installtion seperately
treat the solar panels as sepearet dc and then through the inverter to ac

this to me suggests the following

switching over supply at the incoming ie seperated ie ac generated by mains and dc invertered
metering
earthing
check sec 712 in the regs as a good starting point

good luck

and add the sync cable to sync up to sine wave

I chose galv conduit under screed, and i have added a db for the kitchen due to the load

and add the sync cable to sync up to sine wave

yes same here, put it in the staff room, also put a db in the first floor stoeroom opp the toilets, I noted there is no access to the switchroom from inside, so I will use db`s inside at various positions inc the cupboard that backs onto the switchroom..

Reply to 2391 20 design project 2400 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net