Discuss 2391 20 design project 2400 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

have you worked out the diversity max demand for db1a , flats

hi there

consider what each item does over its cycle time use of building etc and design dicversity in combo of diversity in the regs and other factors.

regs is only a guide you have to take into account other things such as 9 to 5 use etc

cheers

Hello all

first time posting so apologises in advance. really struggling with the king richard project any help would be really appreciated:)

Thanks guys

Hello all

first time posting so apologises in advance. really struggling with the king richard project any help would be really appreciated:)

Thanks guys

hi there

what areas ?

way to look at it at first is look why they are asking you to choose the shower qustion no 2

think plumber and low power.

thats a good start
cheers

see [revious items in thread

Hi Madfridge

Thanks for the speedy reply, can just get my head around the calcs, just not really sure how to layout drawings. ie do I need to show ring/radial circuits or can I detail each socket outlet as db1 line 2 circuit 3? Again not wanting to seem vague, just wanting to do the best possible job and hopefully learn something along the way

Best

Hi Madfridge

Thanks for the speedy reply, can just get my head around the calcs, just not really sure how to layout drawings. ie do I need to show ring/radial circuits or can I detail each socket outlet as db1 line 2 circuit 3? Again not wanting to seem vague, just wanting to do the best possible job and hopefully learn something along the way

Best

hi there

use different colours for all circuits ie red for radials etc code them up from the cons unit ie db1 r1 etc
there is one thing to think about drop and i dont mean voltage (floor to socket and back up)
dont need to indcate sockets just where wiring goes

cheers

main intake think about mould case circuit breakers

:eek:

Got these sheets for cable calcs fom the college. Have a look and i will email them on if you want.

Attachments

• 2391 20 design project 2400 scan0002 - EletriciansForums.net
    scan0002.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 124
  • 2391 20 design project 2400 scan0001 - EletriciansForums.net
    scan0001.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 90
I wouldn't mind a copy of the calc sheets. I have some from the course i did (with Necta) but don't think they are identical. Haven't really started the project yet - did a couple of hours last weekend on the dry cleaners - but not much more than that. jay131074 at hotmail dot com.

yes m8 its a hard course we started with 10 people on the course 3 people including me sat the exame
and completed the project . if you put the work in you will find it a worthwil course . iee electrical installation design guide is a must for the course . the exame is mostly a regulation exame the project is the hard part of the course
think of keeping it as simple as poss radial circuits instead of ring easy cable calc , less cable in trunking , use diversity
any probs let me know cheers scott

Hi and thanks for the positive information. I got the King Richard project. So far so good and will be in touch once the exam is out of the way and i start the project properly !

Pete

Reply to 2391 20 design project 2400 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock