• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

2391-52 past exam papers with answers?

Discuss 2391-52 past exam papers with answers? in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

judd96

EF Member
Hello,
Has anyone got any previous 2391-52 exam papers? Haven't got much luck online (without paying). Done one on 'Sparky Facts' but that's about it. Also anyone got any experience on the course and can recommend me what to revise more on? Feel comfortable with the testing itself, just don't want to get caught out with anything in the exam.

Cheers
Joe

HRM-ELEC

EF Member
Ive recently sat the exam, my advice would be to study GN3 90% of the course is based on it.
Also if your not upto scratch on filling out EIC/ EICR test paper maybe fill out some draft copies

judd96

EF Member
How did you find the course? Was the pictures of faults easy to do? I'm assuming there's not much to it: C1, C2 etc. I will give GN:3 another read or two before my exam this Thursday/Friday. I'm up to scratch with filling out test sheets, just may need to double check reference methods for the cables/containments. I always feel past papers set you up best. Thanks for the reply.

Diver233

Fire alarms
How did you find the course? Was the pictures of faults easy to do? I'm assuming there's not much to it: C1, C2 etc. I will give GN:3 another read or two before my exam this Thursday/Friday. I'm up to scratch with filling out test sheets, just may need to double check reference methods for the cables/containments. I always feel past papers set you up best. Thanks for the reply.
I’m the other way round, fairly happy with the theory side, but not so sure about the testing side.

One question I’m hoping the more experienced will be able to answer, when refitting cables are we expected to use a torque screw driver for the connections or am I over thinking this ?.

HRM-ELEC

EF Member
I think my biggest problem was time with over thinking. The picture part of the exam wasn't to bad the faults where quite obvious, there maybe 2-3 faults per picture things like damaged switches/socket IP rating on Truking ect.

judd96

EF Member
Wouldn't worry about a torque screwdriver. The tools they showed us were shocking! Tutor said we can bring our own in if we like... I will be doing.

spinlondon

Forum Mentor
I think many of the courses do a prep day before the practical.
Important thing to remember is to prove your voltage tester before and after testing for dead.

Official Sponsors

Electrician Talk

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]