Discuss 2391 Course pass rate in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have been meaning to get around to doing this coarse just wondering what the pass rate is ? How hard is it, what kind off study material would I need. I do alot of condition reports already and fault finding.

When I did mine a few years ago it was split into 4 parts, don’t know if it still is.

1. A visual inspection, where you get a photo pack and have to code them accordingly.

2. A section called 4 short answers, where you get 4 questions and have to give them written answers. Can’t remember much else about that part.

3. The online exam, a little bit on the cheeky side but you’ll be ok if you know GN3, where to looks in the regs, and you’ve done your homework. Pass marks around 75% but been told it can vary either way.

4. The practical assessment, where most people fall down. You’ll have a 3P installation with various circuits that you’ll need do an EICR on, and a sub main fed from the 3P board that has around 4 circuits on that you’ll need to complete an EIC for as a new install.

You’ll naturally find 3 / 4 faults as you’re going along testing and code accordingly. Low IR, no continuity on R1R2 readings etc….

You’ve got 2.5 hours to complete, and if you can finish testing and leave an hour for the paperwork you’re on to a winner.

Bearing in mind though, that’s easier said than done, out of 9 on my course only 2 of us passed, some didn’t even finish testing and some didn’t leave enough time and complete the paperwork.

There’s different books out there you can buy to help you prep but don’t know how good they are as I just used GN3 & my BBB. Also check out sparky ninja 2391 page on FB.

As mentioned, assuming the format is still similar, the practical is the hard part, where you can easily run out of time.

If you are not too familiar with testing, I'd recommend to construct your own test board, something vaguely similar to what you'll meet on the day, and practice with your own MFT. The only bit you might have to improvise on is not having 3-phase at home. It also helps to use your own MFT in the practical, as you are hopefully very familiar with it, and don't waste any time getting familar with one you've not used before.

I have been meaning to get around to doing this coarse just wondering what the pass rate is ? How hard is it, what kind off study material would I need. I do alot of condition reports already and fault finding.
BS7671 a copy of the OSG, some past papers if available, proper training, and experience , DO the course and take the exam after completion

i think when I did it, 3 people passed from a class of about 15.

it is no walk in the park but if you practice and work hard, it’s not so tough

best of luck

Reply to 2391 Course pass rate in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock