Discuss 2391 EICR question in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

richiespark

Hi,

I understand now that they have changed PIR to Electrical installation condition report however what I want to know what other forms come with it?

Is it still the Schedule of Test results and Schedule of inspections or have they changed the name of them too?

Unfortunately haven't got the Amended 17th Edition version to hand so unable to check, if anyone can find out and let me know would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

The new names are 'Generic Schedule Of Test Results', and 'Condition Report Inspection Schedule for Domestic And Similar Premises With Up To 100 A Supply'.
You could probably shorten it to 'Condition Report Inspection Schedule'.

If you are sitting this exam before the new GN3 comes out, then you need to stay with the terminology in the current edition. Periodic test and inspection of an Electrical Installation, schedule of test results, and schedule of inspections will suffice. Until the new GN3 is available, you will not get marked down, because this is the content of the course that you took.

I can't get confirmation from C&G, but my gut feeling is that the current edition of GN3 will be used till 2391 is phased out even after the new one is out, my reasoning behind this, is that i can't think that anyone will want to re write the 2391 to the new GN3, when all that is changing is the paperwork, and it will be old hat in a few months. The new version will kick in for the 2394/2395 which is replacing 2391. But this is just my opinion, and if i hear any different, i will let you know.

Cheers..........Howard

I agree with what you are trying to say, but however all ourwork is to the BS7671, correct. So as the new amendment has come out this January2012 that should be the basic that we follow, remembering BS7671 and GN3 areboth non-statutory but GN3 is just a guidance note out work is to BS7671 so if the regs state the change then we must follow that, but that’s how I feel. Justlack commitment of the IET that they can not get the new GN3 printed.

Reply to 2391 EICR question in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock