Discuss 2391 electrician wages in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

harryharman

Hi, I'm 21 year old electrician with 6 years experience- c & g 2330, 2377, eal part p regs, c & g 2391 and just started with a new firm who are in the process of becoming niceic approved contractor and i'd be the qualified supervisor for the company. At the moment i'm on £80 a day for 8 till 4.30, having a meeting this week to talk about wages, what would be a fair amount to ask for? What do other 2391 sparks on here get and what do employers pay their 2391 sparks? I was thinking 120-140?!

Thanks

I'm 2391 qualified and on £120 (Until recently was £100 as a 'probationary' period) a day self-employed. Currently not using my 2391 knowledge as first fixing and running a job, but charge the same when I do.

All I wanted to know was the going rate for 2391 electrician. I feel I'm defantly worth at least 120 a day so that's what I'll ask for. Thanks

All I wanted to know was the going rate for 2391 electrician. I feel I'm defantly worth at least 120 a day so that's what I'll ask for. Thanks

Well good luck, but they may feel like we do.

There isn't such thing as a going rate really as I was on £225 per day in my prior QS role.

Good luck anyways.

Looks like u will get 100 a day then when u ask for 120 as they will go meet u on middle and what they say goes, but still that would be an extra 400 a month to u, hence why they won't give u an extra 800 a month by asking for 120, they won't like paying you the extra 20 a day that your worth at least, but should accept it.

Widdler has it bang on, 2391-10 means nothing unless you have the years experience in inspecting & testing old/existing installs.

Believe me, inspecting and testing a big install like a 20 room hotel ect is nothing like the exam paper, you will find things you wouldn't imagine!

I wouldn't pay you your 120 until I'd seen at least 4/5 completed inspections of a reasonable size(not domestic) and then I'd want to check them myself

JIB wouldn't grade you as an approved until you had completed at least 2 years of being a registered 'electrician', backed up by your employer. then you could expect £13.59 an hour, or £12.45 as un-approved - BUT .....
In the unlikely event of the 'pay deal' going through you gain a whopping 1.5% on those figures!

I must admit that a company that wishes to appoint a "qualified supervisor for the Company" at your young age and experience is trying it on !
It is ok having the exam passes but knowing your job is another step
Some one of your age is not really worth more then £500 a week before tax and def not a QS for a NICEIC approved full scope (but after saying that, if they get full scope and you as a QS let me know what pay you did settle on)

Reply to 2391 electrician wages in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net