Discuss 2391, help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

wannabesparky

i'm doing the 2391, have never done testing before and in the course ive only got 2 sessions practical coming up which i doubt will be enough for me to learn and pass, how can i get some more practise before my assessment? anyone fancy teaching me

hi, I take my hat off to you for the determination to go for it. Get the guidance note 3, learn from other books what each test is intended for and the significance of the values obtained from each test. Learn the correct isolation procedure and 3 part ring continuity test for a start.

Good luck.

Fair play to you.:)

It's a hard course to pass with no experience but it can be done.

Why not build yourself a test board with a ring main, lighting circuit and a couple of radials to practice on. I did this and it helped me no end. It will get you used to the proceadures invovlved in testing.

Practice makes perfect.:)

I'd suggest you get hold of a copy of 'Practical Guide to Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations' by Christopher Kitcher. Covers the 2391 syllabus in colour. Helped me get my 2391 first time.

hi you have got to get some practice in i start mine in jan
guidance note 3 as the rest of the guys said is a must the book mentioned by kitchner has now gone on my list i take it you have test kit
if need certs you can down load from the iet site test your own place
your family friends ect good luck mate when we both pass we will have a
cyber beer ihave some sample papers and some other stuff i willpost it on later
have a look at this more to follow
DJT Consultancy - Electrical Engineering Consultancy & Mainsail Electrical Engineering Training 17th Edition Training

Last edited:
Hey wannabe! who are you learning with? Is it private intensive or local college 12 week? I hadn't done any real testing and when i did my intensive with total electrical training in Walthamstow I hadn't a flicking clue. Bloke talked at me like we could all understand what he might have been talking about though he completely dismissed the need to check for Fig.8 earthing in rings. However 12 weeks at Highbury College under the superb tutelage of Steve Sloan and somehow i managed a pass. i had got some experience between the two courses but i truly believe if you are doing the course to learn, a 3 day intensive doesn't give you the time to inwardly digest all the ----!! Oh and that wasn't an advert for Highbury College, Northarbour, Portsmouth

Hi send me your address at [email protected] , l have dvds of Robin testing and niceic testing , if l can copy them ,l will send them to you , all the best Deano

HI MATE I TRIED TO SEND YOU AN EMAIL BUT IT WAS RETURNED is the address right

hi you have got to get some practice in i start mine in jan
guidance note 3 as the rest of the guys said is a must the book mentioned by kitchner has now gone on my list i take it you have test kit
if need certs you can down load from the iet site test your own place
your family friends ect good luck mate when we both pass we will have a
cyber beer ihave some sample papers and some other stuff i willpost it on later
have a look at this more to follow
DJT Consultancy - Electrical Engineering Consultancy & Mainsail Electrical Engineering Training 17th Edition Training

thank you

I'd suggest you get hold of a copy of 'Practical Guide to Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations' by Christopher Kitcher. Covers the 2391 syllabus in colour. Helped me get my 2391 first time.

thanks

Have you contacted your local FE College to see if they can help in some practice session before your test.

hi, yes i asked at the college but they cant help

Last edited by a moderator:
hia mate know how, you feel am in the same state with 3 phase do you just treat each phase as you would a single

Hi,

I am also going for my 2391, I however am not so worried about the practical having pasted it once before, but I failed the written. Is there any good books that can help me be preped for the written side that can be recommended, I have GN 3, 'Practical Guide to Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations' and IEE 2391 exam success now.
I have until July, I can get a lot of reading down before then.

Thanks in advance

Reply to 2391, help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock