Discuss 2391 Inspection and Testing Exam - Urgent Help Required in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dtombs

Hi,

I've taken my C&G 2391 Inspection and Testing Written exam twice and failed both times, I have recently entered myself for the third time and would like to fully prepare myself for the exam and would like to nail it this time around. I am willing to pay for a few hours tutition if there is anyone on this forum or anyone who can recommend a tutor within the Derbyshire area. If you can help please email me on [email protected].

Thankyou.

Dan

I'm not too sure, thats the trouble with City and Guilds, they don't provide any feedback as to where you went wrong in your exam papers. I contacted my exam centre and they found out that City and Guilds will provide an overview of your exam results for a rediculous £50.

I think I go wrong possibly towards the second half of the paper where the long descriptions are required for each testing procedure. I was originally told by my teacher to write long lengthy, descriptions for these types of question, yet the 2391 IEE revision book which I purchased contridicts this by saying short, sharp, bullet point style descriptions are all that is needed. What is your opinion on this?

Thanks.
Dan

i have a book city guilds exam success which gives example exams and shows you exactly how to understand and answer the question they are asking, i found it worth its weight in gold for c&g exams.
if you dont have it then send me addy n ill post it out along with past papers ect....

An examiner cant really judge your procedural knowledge on the short sharp option. The more detail you give the more oppurtunity for the examiner to work out if you have a good knowledge database.
I have seen situations where a question has been answered incorrectly due to a minor error in calculations for example. But because the formula's used and the way they were applied were correct the question received a pass mark. Had the answer not recieved detailed working outs it would have failed.
Just remember the examine is testing your knowledge and level of competance. The questions are to see if your thinking about the answers from a know how to do, point of view. Good luck next time around, and good for you for having a try try again attitude ;)

Hi, I have already bought a copy of the City & Guilds/ IEE Exam Success book (it has a dark grey cover with a green 'tick' image on the cover), I thought it was a good book as well only that it conflicted with what I was tought in my lessons. I suppose I will stick to the book for my revision. I would really appreciate it if you could send the practice exam papers you mentioned via email or post, could you please send you email address to me at [email protected] so that I can reply with my home address in private (I don't want to publish my address on a forum for privacy reasons). What would you charge for the papers + do you accept paypal?

Many Thanks.
Dan

there are lots of web sites on the google search engine you only need to type 2391 past exam papers and there are free downloads with questions and answers ...It is advisible to buy the "inspection,Testing and Certification" by Brian Scadden sixth edition . It is up to date with the 17th edition requirements ...

Dan,

Where are you based? We have a training centre in Sheffield and could help you - we have a pass rate of 62-80% on 2391 over UK average of 40%ish.

Regards, Gary D
ResetTraining.co.uk

Best bet is to write lengthy answers as if the examiner can see what you are trying to do is correct they will give you maximum marks. Also if you miss little bits but he can get the jist he may still pass you. Just remember to revise revise revise.

Good Luck

Steve

Have a look at the exam report, this is available through the C&G website, it give general pointers on where people are going wrong, common themes are the use of the wrong terminology for the paperwork associated with the various tests, getting the electrical system drawings wrong, the incorrect use of terminology for the testing equipment also seems to be one that people trip on everytime ie insulation resistance tester rather than megger, low resistance ohm meter rather that digital multimeter etc etc.

Good luck

Reply to 2391 Inspection and Testing Exam - Urgent Help Required in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net