Discuss 2391 Inspection and Testing- Help needed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

westy2412

Hi,

I want to do my inspection and testing, I've been talking to the local college about a course they are running next month on a Wednesday for 5 weeks. They said I have to do a entry exam which they have put me down for next Friday. This is the last time they are running the course as she said they are doing a different course from August and the 2391 will no longer be available.

So, what are the differences in the courses? I haven't really done any inspection and testing so is it worth missing this course, studying like crazy until August and doing the new one or try the 2391?

I am paying for the course myself and would be loosing a days pay by attending the Wednesday course, the new course will be on an evening.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated as I'm stumped as what to do.

Thank you in advance

Give it a go, it's worth having the 2391 IMO rather than its predecessors the 2394 and 2395.

City & Guilds have split it in to two quals, so that means it will take you twice as long and cost you twice as much ££.

I would do the course if I were you as you will get back into the learning mode very quickly especially if you are paying for it.

Is it Newcastle college as they had a pre entry exam prior to the 2391 course which is straight forward?

The course will be based on GN3 and will be both the practicle and witten exam at the end!

I found the course very helpful with the tutor explaining and guiding you on the best way to put down on paper your answers.

You will be required to study along with the course but I would imagine you know that.

Best of luck if you go for it and if you are stuck you can always post your problem for a response from the forum members.

Good luck!

Tony mc, Yeah it's at Newcastle college, what's involved with the entry test? just so I can hammer the books before Friday next week.
Any tips you could give me would be great.

I don't mind doing the studying, I done my 17th edition a couple of weeks ago so still got my brain working off that.

Cheers so far everyone, any hits and tips please fire them this way

Treat yourself to the C&G 2391 exam success book, Although it is still the old version pre 1st amendment, it gives a lot of very good advice on how to structure your answers, how to do sketches etc etc, it also has a few practice exam papers, Ok they are pre 1st amendment, but you will get a good idea of the depth of knowledge required.

Good luck,

Cheers..................Howard

Reply to 2391 Inspection and Testing- Help needed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net