Discuss 2391 is it really fair? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

12th July 2391 written results are out peeps......i called my learning provider yesterday and the woman checked C&G server. The marking process has changed. The papers are now sent back to C&G who then scan them im and then the assessors can log in and mark on line.....anyway....if anyone is still waiting to find out....give them a call and get them to look up online.....oh.....i PASSED :)

12th July 2391 written results are out peeps......i called my learning provider yesterday and the woman checked C&G server. The marking process has changed. The papers are now sent back to C&G who then scan them im and then the assessors can log in and mark on line.....anyway....if anyone is still waiting to find out....give them a call and get them to look up online.....oh.....i PASSED :)
Congratulations :)

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations :)

That's funny cos I took2391 on 22 nd of June and still hasn't come thru yet and have been in touch with training provider and still no results available
_will have to get back to them

Last edited:
Interesting to see the chatter on the 2391. When Brian retired the exam got harder as the questions were brought up to date with what is expected of an experienced electrician. Unfortunately first technicians and now approve electricians as a grade is being killed off. Contractors and agencies want electricians (or electrical improvers) with inspection and testing qualifications. It is possible learn how to pass the exam without any real electrical experience. I have seen many who have done so. With the introduction of the 2392 many are accepting it as equivalent to the 2391-10.
The C&G 2407 is a level 2 qualification similar to the 2392. It is not available in the Uk mainland. It is generally taught in countries like the Middle East and the Caribbean. Not forgetting Ireland too.
The introduction of the 2394, 2395 and 2396 is the way to go. But again, I cannot help but feel that Frank Chapple's refusal to endorse a law in the UK similar to what exists for Gas (and for electrical in many other countries killed the profession.

Reply to 2391 is it really fair? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net