Discuss 2391 is it really fair? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

paper looks easier than i was expecting not that i could answer all correctly.
employers may have to check what year someone did there exam and how difficult it was then.
i was hoping for a challenge, a reason to get the books out looks like i will be playing cod today.

But did you not feel that some past papers are easier than others? The c&g revision book has simple questions in it, it's not as easy as that.
I think it's a memory test IMO. How will tease o training help you remember hasawa1974 or the eawr1989 or when accoding to law you are a duty holder or a competent person. If I forget my ip's I grab my OSG.

very easy paper, i took mine when i was 18 in my first year of the apprentiship back in 2001, i didn't really know what the 2391 was back then or what i was doing but my firm put me in for it and i passed it with no problems first time. i don't know why the pass rate is so low?

Hi
On questions 6 do they require all working out as its only a 3 mark question e.g

Rt = 1/r1 + 1/R2 +1/R3
Rt = 1/120 + 1/80 + 1/60
Rt = 0.008 + 0.0125 + 0.0166
Rt = 1/0.0371
Rt = 26.95 ohms

Or is there a shortened method which would achieved the same mark

Hi all, I will recently be sitting my 2394 and shortly after be sitting my 2395! The tutor was very down beat on introduction and has mentioned get as many 2391 papers as poss, as this will really help!!! So i asked where to the reply i cant say but try the net:sick:
Soooo i thought i would start here and see if any body has got any??? and if so cud you email them to me many thanks
OOOOh soz any 2392, 2391, 2394, 2395 would be really appreciated as a revision aid. email is [email protected]
Many thanks in advance:yes:

Many thanks to Widdler for that.

The format has changed, its more like painting by numbers, in more ways than one. However, its basic stuff and should give those who haven't yet sat this exam a reminder of all those maths classes missed at school due to 'out with the lads' or 'my staffie refused to allow me access to my homework' excuses.

I notice that English composition, grammar and spelling have gone, just the facts are now required with a bit of calculations. perhaps the way forward is to push the 2396 design course for those who aspire to on-site authority and something a bit more than metal munching.

very easy paper, i took mine when i was 18 in my first year of the apprentiship back in 2001, i didn't really know what the 2391 was back then or what i was doing but my firm put me in for it and i passed it with no problems first time. i don't know why the pass rate is so low?

Youre clearly way too awesome for this forum if you can pass the 2391 at 18 so its probably best you hang out with other supreme beings.
Either that or youre a troll.
Or an idiot.
The jury is still out

lets be honest the 2391 is probably the only c&g course in many years which didn't mean you showed up and passed!
If you don't put in the effort you'll never pass it.
i'v 236 part 1.2 and 3 an onc and an hnc in eLectrical engineering and it was hard, aswell as 2391 and 2382 and 30 years in the game! YES it is overly difficult but it is what it is another money makin earner for trainining companies!I had an agency phone me last week asking if i knew any 2391 sparks looking for a start? I replies is it a testing job? No! so why do they need 2391?.FANNIES HONESTLY WE NEED TO TAKE OUR INDUSTRY BACK!

lets be honest the 2391 is probably the only c&g course in many years which didn't mean you showed up and passed!
If you don't put in the effort you'll never pass it.
i'v 236 part 1.2 and 3 an onc and an hnc in eLectrical engineering and it was hard, aswell as 2391 and 2382 and 30 years in the game! YES it is overly difficult but it is what it is another money makin earner for trainining companies!I had an agency phone me last week asking if i knew any 2391 sparks looking for a start? I replies is it a testing job? No! so why do they need 2391?.FANNIES HONESTLY WE NEED TO TAKE OUR INDUSTRY BACK!
I second that comment, I've just read the paper and now relaxed with a beer I must confess it doesn't seem as bad as it did while I was taking it. That old chest nut lol, it appears I must of misunderstood, misread the volt drop question damn I guess nerves did get the better of me, that bieng said I'm still confident ive done ok, tbf though if it's a piece of piyass now i wouldn't of wanted to take it years back.

fingerbuster - "Posh Liverpool" - West Derby ? :jester:

HEE HEE, Nah, not that posh.:!blank:

• 2391 is it really fair? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Firstly the examination is rigorous because the inspector of the installation has the responsibility to ensure that no loss of life will occur through the normal usage of the installation, that is a huge responsibility. Secondly the questions sometimes suffer from being badly written, that comes about because they cannot couch a question the same way twice, at least not so often so people cannot be coached to answer specifically worded sections. It is hard, I failed the first time because I forgot to sign the front cover (very expensive mistake!) but I thought the exam was a bitch, the second time there were a couple of very badly worded questions which I answered and at the end ripped them apart for their poor use of English. So on balance by all means let there be rigour but hope that the standard of english in the questions matches the complexity of the subject

Reply to 2391 is it really fair? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock