Discuss 2391 July 08 Results? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bug

Hi all,

Im a nOOb here.

I sat my 2391 written exam in july. currently waiting patiently for my results. I have contacted my exam centre to find out when they will be released, they can only guess. Was wondering if anyone else has recieved their results yet?

BUG@

ps grt site!:D

Hi Bug,

Few guys on here in same situation.
Apparently you SHOULD receive your results almost immediatley (that right Shakey?)

Other guys will give a more definite answer once they're back home from work.
(I finished at 12) :)

Hi all,

Im a nOOb here.

I sat my 2391 written exam in july. currently waiting patiently for my results. I have contacted my exam centre to find out when they will be released, they can only guess. Was wondering if anyone else has recieved their results yet?

BUG@

ps grt site!:D
:mad: join the club mate;)

Think yourself lucky. i sat mine June 5th AND I'M STILL FLICKING WAITING!!!! Next Friday aparrently but , hey, whenever , take your time guys, I'm not really chomping at the bit!!

got mine 2 weeks ago too :) and passed :):)

apparently the results should be on c&g wallled garden as advised by shakey

got my certificate on monday as proper confirmation too :)

keep chasing them they should be able to find out

all the best

just checked c&g website and the chief examiners report has even been published:confused::confused:. link below

http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/2391-301-2008-07-cer-v1.pdf

so there is no reason why you shouldnt have had your results.

53% national average pass rate looks better than most too.:D

Last edited:
finally just got a call from the college with me 2391 results and wished i hadnt:( Failed:( but because of all the delay in getting my results have now missed the oct resit so i gotta wait until dec:mad: i felt sure i had passed,i must have seriously missenterpreted some of those questions:eek: oh well cant do nothing about it so back to the revision.

finally just got a call from the college with me 2391 results and wished i hadnt:( Failed:( but because of all the delay in getting my results have now missed the oct resit so i gotta wait until dec:mad: i felt sure i had passed,i must have seriously missenterpreted some of those questions:eek: oh well cant do nothing about it so back to the revision.

Paul, you havent mised the Oct resit.

you can register up to 14 calendar days before the exam, but you will have to pay a late entry fee of £55 on top of your exam fees.

Did your training provider not give you this option?:confused:

like i say, you pays your money, you takes your choice - but you should have been given the option to decide!

Paul, you havent mised the Oct resit.

you can register up to 14 calendar days before the exam, but you will have to pay a late entry fee of £55 on top of your exam fees.

Did your training provider not give you this option?:confused:

like i say, you pays your money, you takes your choice - but you should have been given the option to decide!
i asked the college and they said i had missed the deadline so they have said i got to pay for dec resit:confused:

i asked the college and they said i had missed the deadline so they have said i got to pay for dec resit:confused:
:Dcheers Shakey i just phoned the college back and told them what you told me and they said oh yes you can but it costs another £60 on top of the exam fee so we dont bother mentioning it:eek: so i said well thanx for giving me the option,any way im booked in for oct now so cheers for that if we was in the pub i would get you a pint:D

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to hear that Paul. i have been told that i will hear friday but when the post arrives I'll be sitting in departures at Gatwick . Don't think I want to know until i get back but the longer it drags on the less optimistic I am. Sod it.

its just one of those things ,try and forget about it and enjoy your hols.

:Dcheers Shakey i just phoned the college back and told them what you told me and they said oh yes you can but it costs another £60 on top of the exam fee so we dont bother mentioning it:eek: so i said well thanx for giving me the option,any way im booked in for oct now so cheers for that if we was in the pub i would get you a pint:D

aah, good result then - sorry you failed, better luck in Oct

the £55 consists of late entry fee of £45, plkus £10 per late entry candidate

Have you read the 2391 exam success book? my students find it pretty good, especially the 'exam techniques' bit at the start:)

no but was thinking of getting one ,i know c&g sell them but can i get one anywhere else?

When and if we finally do meet up you can buy him one then:D:D

Have you read the 2391 exam success book? my students find it pretty good, especially the 'exam techniques' bit at the start:)
I ordered the exam success book from amazon and it came this morning ,have had a little read in between jobs and i have allready highlighted a couple of areas where i obviously fell down,its a difficult exam and you got to be carefull with the terminology and interpretation of questions ,but i am determined to pass in oct ,thanks for the tip.

I ordered the exam success book from amazon and it came this morning ,have had a little read in between jobs and i have allready highlighted a couple of areas where i obviously fell down,its a difficult exam and you got to be carefull with the terminology and interpretation of questions ,but i am determined to pass in oct ,thanks for the tip.

Yeah, when you consider its written by the people who write the exams, its gota be a good bet aint it!:)

the centre where i took my 2391 used the 2 mock exams in this book as real life practice tests to give us a good idea of how to manage time and what type of questions to expect and everyone agreed it was a very good idea. :)

especially when you compared our answers to the ones they were expecting with the correct terminology ;)

My results arrived at my mums house today. Pass. :D

Im sure yours will be with you shortly.

AWOOGA!!

BUG@

Hi Bug, Im planning to sit my 2391 exam in the next 2-3 months, I just wanted to ask couple of question if you dont mind.

1. How many months experience did you have? because im being recommended 6 months experiance.

2. Did you do your city and guilds 2392 exam.

3. how many times did you sit the exam.

4. How hard was the exam

( could you rate it as well as reason 1-simple 10 harder then ever)

i knw they aint major questions and sound crazy just wanted to know how others been doing in peperation for their 2391 exam.

regardz

saf

Reply to 2391 July 08 Results? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock