Discuss 2391 Next week in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all, hope you are well,

Just wondering if anyone else is sitting the 2391 exam next Thursday? and how confident they feel?
Everyone has said its really hard to pass. I've been dong a 11 week course at a local collage plus lots of revision and i think a lot of the information has stuck in my brain now lol.......... I HOPE!
Did anyone go down the 4 day course route at a training center?

Have a lot of pass papers including the exam for March 2012 will put them up if I am allowed? not to sure if i can. If anyone wants to take a look?

Sorry I am new to the forum.

Cheers Ears

Nik

Hi nick I'm also taking my 2391 next Thursday I'm not overly confident. I took the 4 day route and I don't know if it will of help or not .good luck anyway hopefully as its the last of the 2391 exams thay have made it easy lol

I'm sure if you've put the time in with the revision then you will reap the reward of gaining a pass. I did a five day course and then took the written exam six weeks later and with plenty of revision of past papers and reading of GN3 managed to pass. Don't forget your coloured pens as i needed them for the good old favourite earth fault drawing. So good luck nik_lamb and Kris uk.

Hi nick I'm also taking my 2391 next Thursday I'm not overly confident. I took the 4 day route and I don't know if it will of help or not .good luck anyway hopefully as its the last of the 2391 exams thay have made it easy lol

My lecturer said this may be the case but I'm not hoping on it.
he also said that he doubts there will be a "filling in a cert" question as there is still confusion over new and old Certs, this is a shame as that is surely a easy 15 marks in the bag!!
Good luck to you too mate let me know how you get on.

I think revision is the key to doing this exam, can't just rely on the course time.
need to do the home studying too.

I failed it once because I underestimated it. Second time round, different story. My wife and kids barely saw me for a few weeks before the exam because I'd learnt a lesson.
Good luck guys:)

Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Verification of Electrical Installations | Construction and Building | Electrical installation | City & Guilds

Please read this, I sat this exam last december and failed. After i finished the exam i was confident i passed. But if you bread the chief examiners report I now understand where i lost marks. This report is a real eye opener, could not believe how strict the marking is.
Past papers Nik to [email protected]

Nic and Kris are you from Pembrokeshire by any chance? Im doing my 2391 next Thursday as well. - and crapping myself!

Good Luck

No one needs to crap themselves. If you have done a couple of hours a night GN3 revision for the last 4 or 5 weeks, then you should have no problems.
Remember to read the question carefully, and answer it correctly. You will not get marks for rambling on about irrelevant rubbish, just answer as it says. If i says "List" 3 tests to be carried out and in the correct order, then just do as it says, and dont elaborate. If you are asked for a fully labelled diagram, then fully label it. If you have to do a calculation, and it asks for all workings out, then show them all. You can pick up marks for showing all the steps, even if your answer is incorrect. The classic failure with this exam is incorrect "TERMINOLOGY". More people fail for this reason than any other, and it should be points in the bag.

Cheers..............Howard

This change is coming in, in a few months - the 2391 is changing to the 2392 and 2393 (I think numbers correct) This is to incorporate the new EICRs and more focus on the initial testing so I been told.

Personally I think this test should of come out in January when amendment 1 came out

Yes i agree mate. this is the last time to take the 2391. I thought you ment this exam on thursday was changing.

Changes to 2391 are not necessary, yes it is a difficult exam to pass and at the time I took mine the pass rate was around 40%. If the changes go ahead they will water down our hard earned qualifications. Not everyone is cut out to be a testing inspector, don’t try to fix it if it isn’t broken

Out of interest if we fail this exam what does that mean if this is the last chance to take it?
Will we be given an option to resit and if so does anyone know what the average resit price is?

I don't think it's as hard as everyone makes out.... ( tin hat on )
The hardest bit is the terminology used in there questions, and how precise they want the answers.
If you've read GN3 and know it quite well you'll be fine.
Just be as ---- and detailed as possible with your answers LOL

Reply to 2391 Next week in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock