Discuss 2391 Past Paper with Answers (Part 3) in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

firemanowl

Here is a long answer section. If anyone wants any 2391 study material PM me with your e-mail address and I can send it to you.

City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing Long Answer Questions
Section B (90 minutes) Questions 21 to 26 refer to the following scenario. Answer ALL SIX questions. All questions carry equal marks.

A 15-year-old dry-powder coating factory is situated adjacent to an 11kV/400/230V Regional Electricity Company substation. The earthing system is TN-C-S with an external earth fault loop impedance (Ze) of 0.012
Ω and a prospective fault current of 20 kA. The dry-powder coating process involves cleaning metallic components in an acid bath, washing off with water sprays, drying with hot air blowers, spraying with electrostatically charged powder and finally baking in a tunnel oven.
The existing installation comprises of radial circuits, which are all wired with thermoplastic (pvc) conductors in metal conduit and trunking. Six new lighting circuits supplying high-bay 300W SON luminaires have been installed using a similar wiring system to the existing installation. The new circuit breakers are fed from a metal clad distribution board housing BS EN 60898 circuit breakers.An inspection and test of the whole installation is to be carried out.

Q 21 State

a) the type/s of overall inspection and test required (4marks)

An Initial Inspection & Test for the new lighting circuits and a Periodic Inspection & Test for the rest of the installation.

b) the certification/documentation that needs to be completed by the inspector (4 marks)
An Electrical Installation Certificate together with Inspection Schedule and Schedule of Test Results.A Periodic Inspection Report together with Inspection Schedule and Schedule of Test Results.

c) who should receive the originals of these documents (1 mark)

The person ordering the work.

d) who decides when the first periodic test should be conducted on the
new lighting (1 mark)
The designer of the new lighting circuits.

e) One statutory and two non-statutory documents relevant to this inspection and testing process (3 marks)
The Electricity At Work Regulations (1989), IEE Guidance Note 3, BS 7671:2008.

f) the status of the inspector (2 marks)

Competent Person and the legal Duty Holder.

Q 22 State

a) apart from wear, tear and safety, five installation conditions that would need to be considered during the inspection process
(5 marks)
1)
The presence of acid and its effect on the installation.2)The presence of water and its effect on the installation. 2) The presence of electrostatically charged powder. 4) The proximity of the hot air blowers to the installation. 5) The cabling and system used to supply the tunnel oven.

b) Five items from the BS 7671 schedule of inspections that would need to be considered (5 marks)

1) insulation of live parts,
2) barriers or enclosures, 3) identification of conductors, 4) erection methods, 5) connection of conductors.

c) Three human senses that would be used in the inspection process
(3 marks)
Sight, Touch and Smell.

d) with whom the extent and limitations of an inspection should be agreed (2 marks)

The person ordering the work.

Q 23 State
a) the first four relevant tests, in sequence, to be conducted on the new lighting installation (7 marks)
1) Continuity of Circuit Protective Conductors including any Protective Bonding Conductors,
2) Insulation Resistance,3) Polarity, 4) Earth Fault Loop Impedance.

b) All relevant test equipment needed for a) (8 marks)

A Voltage Proving Unit,
A Voltage Indicator complying with GS 38, Suitable Test Leads complying with GS 38, Low Reading Ohmmeter (Low Resistance D.C. Ohmmeter), Insulation Resistance Tester (High Reading Ohmmeter), Earth Fault Loop Impedance Tester.

Reply to 2391 Past Paper with Answers (Part 3) in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net