Discuss 2391 practical tom. Help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jay Sparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Got my 2391 practical tom and the meter Im using is a "Metrel instaltest" from Alphatek, simular to the "Metrel easi-test". I want to know when testing for Ze on the 3 phase board, do I connect earth lead to earth bar, neutral lead to n bar and test each line? Or do I put the neutral & earth lead together, clip them to the earth bar and test each line? I know I need to record the highest reading out of the three for the Ze and double the highest pfc reading, just wanna make sure, so if anyone uses this tester, your help would be very appriciated.

Cheers

Jay

If there is no RCD prior to the 3 phase DB connect your N & E lead together and test between each phase to earth.

On the right hand side you should see a digital diagram. This will say L N E and under each one will be a filled in circle - which indicates this is the lead you use- this should be shown under L and E. Under N it will be half a circle meaning you will need to connect it into the back of the Earth lead,but it makes no difference to be honest as long as you don't put the neutral directly on anything you'll be cool. :)

Cheers Lads,

Not used to using this meter. Ive got a Megga 1552 mft and I always put earth lead on earth and line lead to line and neutral lead to neutral. But I only really test domestics any way. Thanks for the advice.

Jay

Reply to 2391 practical tom. Help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net