Discuss 2391 revision papers and answers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kerry

some of the papers i have to help anyone doing the 2391-10 :D

Attachments

• 20 Section A 2391 revision exam questions and answers Paper 1.pdf
    301.7 KB · Views: 667
  • 20 Section A 2391 revision exam questions and answers Paper 2.pdf
    309.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 6 Section B 2391 revision exam questions and answers Paper 2.pdf
    486.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 6 Section B 2391 revision exam questions and answers Paper 3.pdf
    417.5 KB · Views: 237
  • Answers_2391_March_2005.pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 6 Section B 2391 revision exam questions and answers Paper 1.pdf
    474.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 6 Section B 2391 revision exam questions and answers Paper 4.pdf
    665.2 KB · Views: 266
Q:"Explain why maximum values of earth fault loop impedance
given for agricultural and construction sites are lower than
those for ordinary installations ?
ANS:
Under 17
th edition there is no longer any difference between the values used for
agricultural locations and ordinary locations. However 17
th edition has gone
RCD mad. And every agricultural electrical circuit must now be protected by
either a 30mA, 100mA or 300mA RCD. "

Q15 List three parts of the earth fault loop impedance path external to a
TN-C-S system? (3 marks)
ANS: Any three parts from the following:
1) Neutral supply conductor.
2) Earthed centre point of Star supply transformer.
3) Transformer
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]line [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]winding.
4)
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Line [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]supply conductor.

Does anyone think these answers are correct? the second question they have given Neutral supply conductor as an answer, wouldnt this be a TNS not TNCS?

Last edited:
b) Give two reasons for correcting maximum tabulated values of
earth fault loop impedance so that a comparison with measured
values can be made ?
ANS:
1 This is because the values referred to in BS:7671 are based on the
assumption the circuit conductors are at their „normal‟ operating
temperature. In actual practice during inspection and testing it is often
difficult to know the exact temperature of the conductors so a reduced
value of maximum earth fault impedance is applied to err on the side
of safety. (1 mark)
2 The 0.8 „rule of thumb also allows for the possibility of an error of
a smaller c.p.c being installed than is necessary and again errs on the side of safety.

really !!

Reply to 2391 revision papers and answers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net