Discuss 2391 revision!!!!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dazsmith

hi guys just trying to revise for 2391 exam on Thursday, just done october 2010 past paper for practice, just wondering if anyone has gone through it and got some answers so i can compare!! Ps>>> any one got hold of december 2010 paper yet???

Someone posted this on the forum a short while back, Im resitting the exam on thursday.

20 Dec 2010
1 List three installation details that must be recorded, as identified on a Minor Electrical Installation
Works Certificate.​
1. Earthing system 2. Method of fault protection 3. Protective device details

2 State, for each of the following, if the documents are statutory or non-statutory.
a) BS 7671.​
Non stat

b) Guidance Note 3.​
Non stat

c) Electricity at Work Regulations.​
Statutory

3 State three items of information, relating to the incoming supply for an electrical installation, that
must be recorded on the Schedule of Test Results.​
1. Type of supply, 2. Ze, 3. PFC

4 State the three general requirements against which installed equipment must be confirmed when
carrying out an initial inspection, as stated in BS 7671.​
Page 17 2.1 GN3 or 611.2 BS7671

5 List three non-compliances that may be identified during the inspection process using the sense of
touch.​
1. Equipment not fixed securely 2. Loose joints on conduit/trunking 3. Isolators /controls not
operating

6 A test for continuity of protective conductors is required as part of an initial verification of an
installation. State
a) what must be confirmed when testing a radial socket-outlet circuit​
R1 + R2 at furthest point

b) how the recorded measured value is to be confirmed as satisfactory​
add to Ze and compare with
tabulated values for Zs in GN3 or (BS7671 corrected for temperature)

c) one factor that may affect the measured values obtained.​
Ambient air temperature

7 A test is carried out to obtain an R1 + R2 value at the furthest point of a two-way lighting circuit.
Explain why it is necessary to operate the two-way switching during this test.​
To include the strappers in
the measurement and obtain the highest value

8 A test for continuity of ring final circuit conductors is to be carried out on a circuit containing no spurs.
State
a) the expected value of R1 + R2 for the circuit if the resistance of the line, neutral and cpc loops are
0.2 Ω, 0.2 Ω and 0.33 Ω respectively​
R1+R2 = r1+r2/4 = 0.2+0.33/4 = 0.132Ω

b) the effect on the circuit R1 + R2 value if a non fused spur supplying a socket-outlet was added to the
circuit.​
The open loop readings will not change but R1 + R2 will be higher at the spurred s/o

9 Following repairs to a motor and before its reconnection, an insulation resistance test is to be carried
out on a securely isolated three phase motor circuit. State
a) the two tests to be carried out in order to complete the Schedule of Test Results in BS 7671​
1. Test
between lives 2. Test between lives and earth.

b) how the cable between the motor starter and the motor maybe included in the tests in a).​
disconnect
at motor terminals and test back to starter

10 An insulation resistance test is to be carried out to confirm electrical separation of one circuit from
another circuit contained in the same conduit. State the
a) test connections required to confirm electrical separation​
test between lives of the separated circuit
and the lives of the other circuit in the same enclosure and to earth GN3 page 41

b) minimum acceptable value of insulation resistance.​
1MΩ

11 State three methods of providing protection against electric shock for a 16 A socket-outlet circuit
installed on a construction site​
. 704.410.3.10 1. ADS with30mA RCD 2. Reduced low voltage 3. Electrical
separation of circuits

12 State the IP codes for enclosures that provide protection against a
a) 12.5 mm diameter sphere​
IP2X

b) British Standard test finger only​
IPXXB

c) 1 mm diameter wire. IP4X

thanks for that JElect! good luck for tomoz! did they post anymore questions from the paper ? as crags said i think its been removed from forum because i couldnt get the link!!!

Reply to 2391 revision!!!!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net