Discuss 2391 revison advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

I have decided to take the plunge and give the 2391 course a go. My testing and inspection experience is limited so I know it's going to be tough. I have passed my 2365 L3 and at the moment taking the nvq is is a bit risky due to potential redundancies at at work. I'm hoping that if I can achieve this then it might help me keep my job or open up other doors if needed. I've been reading over the GN3 and studying bits and pieces online which is helping refresh things but I'm still quite nervous about it all. Any advice would be most appreciated

If you've got your own MFT and access to 3P & SP test rigs, then practice practice and practice as there's no substitute for testing, you need to be doing it to get good at it.

You only have 2 and 1/2 hours on the practical test, it goes fast and you'll want to leave about an hour to fill in the paperwork, an EIC and an EICR from memory. The practical is where most people fall down by either doing something unsafe, or not having time to complete the paperwork at the end. There's an online exam that you need to score over 75% on, a visual inspection exam and something else you get tested on but can't remember what.

GN3 is where they draw most the questions from for the exam, so you're already looking in the right direction, You should get plenty of homework which will help too.

There's also no retests if you fail either the practical or the online exam, you need to repeat the full course again.... So worth practising on a rig.

Sorry to sound all doom and gloom, but get out there and practice and you'll be OK.

Good luck with it all:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you've got your own MFT and access to 3P & SP test rigs, then practice practice and practice as there's no substitute for testing, you need to be doing it to get good at it.

You only have 2 and 1/2 hours on the practical test, it goes fast and you'll want to leave about an hour to fill in the paperwork, an EIC and an EICR from memory. The practical is where most people fall down by either doing something unsafe, or not having time to complete the paperwork at the end. There's an online exam that you need to score over 75% on, a visual inspection exam and something else you get tested on but can't remember what.

GN3 is where they draw most the questions from for the exam, so you're already looking in the right direction, You should get plenty of homework which will help too.

There's also no retests if you fail either the practical or the online exam, you need to repeat the full course again.... So worth practising on a rig.

Sorry to sound all doom and gloom, but get out there and practice and you'll be OK.

Good luck with it all:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi JBW you can resit the practical or online exam mate, its around the £150 mark

Hi JBW you can resit the practical or online exam mate, its around the £150 mark

i wasn't aware of that, must have been our training provider that stipulated it then. probably as a money spinner on their behalf.

Thanks guys, I'm fairly confident with the single phase testing but I've not had experience with 3 phase testing. I've booked myself into a practical day before the course starts so I'm hoping this will help. As you say practice practice practice but apart from testing in my own home I'm a bit stuck.

Reply to 2391 revison advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net