Discuss 2391 v 2394 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mort2376

I qualified under the 15th edition an passed my C&G236 Pt 1 and 2, AM1 and AM2.

I have upgraded to 17th edition and am Part P with NAPIT. All is good..............

NAPIT have said I need to do the 2391 to bring my test inspect upto date, and I agree as only just come back into the electricians business, so probably am rusty and need a refresher, but is it worth doing the 2391 now, or waiting until the 2394/2395 come in ?

What are peoples thoughts and reccomendations ?

Cheers for any help

Neil

I thought so, but the 2391 is finishing at the end of the year. So the 2394 is the direct replacement I thought ?

Nope 2391 covers periodic testing AND initial testing of new installations.
2394 is new installation testing ONLY
2395 is periodic testing ONLY
Therefore 2391 is as good as doing 2395 AND 2394 together.

Reply to 2391 v 2394 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all Well, been putting it off, but I need to upgrade my 17th edition to the 18th. Not been a practising sparky for over 5 years, but I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post so go easy! This is for people who are looking for more info on the course and exams and is from my experience of doing the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am an electrician working for a OEM machinery manufacturer based in Germany, we are the local hub that is now taking over the...
Replies
Views
So i've been doing electrics for several years now, and am going for my 18th edition this week. I'm 99% confident i'm going to pass it. After...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Question about 2391-52 (initial verification and periodic testing) A brief background to my situation; I do some in-house wiring...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock