Discuss 2391 visual inspection help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

paul 1971

Hi I have just had the results of my 2391 exams. I passed the written and have failed the visual inspection assesment part of the practical exam. The examiner said I did not find 12 faults. I found 12, but 2 were not on his list, does anybody have the list of faults that the examiner is looking for.

Thanks in advance,
Paul.

It is a set list if you search the Internet you may find them. Some centres are more lenient than others and will tell you if you have got one wrong or let you list more than 12 and mark the ones right as sometimes the boards are quite worn.

I do, but as a qualified assessor it would be wrong to pass it on. But I am sure that I know which ones you missed.

Make sure you check the board well. You can only see the faults by moving stuff around, you don't need a screwdriver.

Ask yourself about the quality of the work and you may find some intentionally bad parts of the installation, and last of all it does not matter which way the MCB's are!

Ask for feedback from the assessor. He should tell you which ones you got wrong and which ones were right.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few post on the forum which I beleive wirepuller or IQ electrical posted re this subject if I remember right.

Or Widdler!!!!

Last edited:
Hi Keefy I fully understand that you cant tell me the faults, but if i private message you my answers would you be able to look over them and give me some feed back please. regards Paul

when i did my 2391 i ripped the board apart and came up with over 20 faults. it was a well used board though.
I got loads of feed back from my instructor who told me the ones i 'made up'!
basically my advise is to try to find more faults than you have to. this was the advise given to me when i did it.

Hi Keefy I fully understand that you cant tell me the faults, but if i private message you my answers would you be able to look over them and give me some feed back please. regards Paul

PM your list and I will give you some direction to look at. Remember to tell me if it was board A or B

when i did my 2391 i ripped the board apart and came up with over 20 faults. it was a well used board though.
I got loads of feed back from my instructor who told me the ones i 'made up'!
basically my advise is to try to find more faults than you have to. this was the advise given to me when i did it.

It depends massively on the Assessor, given that Paul has been told he got 2 wrong, it may be the assessor will ask him to explain why they are all wrong... or right

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont forget basic things that can easily be overlooked. IP codes of CU top bottom etc, bending radius of cables and not flat ,SWA connected to MET unsleeved switch lines ccts not identified. You tend to look for the more serious faults and miss the obvious IMO.

You have passes the hardest part of the exam and Im sure it would of been nerves will being watched by the assessor.

Best of luck for the re test.

It's not a test and they can't make you look for the same faults again. They must also tell you which ones you got wrong. People do mix up tests and assessments but the 2 are very different.

One of the lads here is doing the 2391 and in his inspection the bonding cable was 10mm to the 'gas' pipe and then 4mm to the 'water' pipe. He put it down as 2 faults - 1 for the 4mm and 1 for the conductor not being continuous. He was told it was only 1 fault!

Steve.

Hi I have just had the results of my 2391 exams. I passed the written and have failed the visual inspection assesment part of the practical exam. The examiner said I did not find 12 faults. I found 12, but 2 were not on his list, does anybody have the list of faults that the examiner is looking for.
Thanks in advance,
Paul.

Did you pass ALL the other practicals?

Reply to 2391 visual inspection help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net