Discuss 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Well done
What it means is that you should and probably will, feel pleased and proud of doing so
It still remains probably, the city and guilds exam with the lowest pass percentages of them all

In the world of practical reality,until PIRs are regulated and carried out only by competent persons, ie (holders of the 2391) then much less advantage over others than it deserves

It will make employment carrying out PIRs more available to you compared to non 2391 candidates
and should be a big advantage for employment as an installation or maintenance electrician

Although not required by the other schemes for competent person registration,it will qualify you for joining napit It will qualify you with the other schemes for doing pirs under their banner subject to additional fees
It will be sufficient for becoming a qualified supervisor with a company enrolled with the aproved contractor scheme of the niceic

But most of all,it demonstrates to yourself and others a level of competence and understanding that is itself rewarding

I tookmy exam on the 12 of feb. I must admit i have an HND in electrical electronic engineering but it was much scarery taking th 2391.I got my written paper result two days.

Think i may have started this thread in wrong area so my appolagise for that gentlemen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have already been asked by a friend if i can inspect and do a certificate for him because the electricain that did the work for him eneded up being unqualified although it seems did seem to know what he was doing. I dont know if

1) i should (take responsibitly)
2)if i legaly can

any thoughts please.

You need to speak to your LABC and scheme provider and ask them if they would accept a PIR as you cannot be held responsible for the installation.

Hi.

As you did not carry out the installation yourself, the only certificate you can issue is a PIR. If a cert is required for building control then best to contact them first and explain the situation.

thanks jason.s, unfourtunatly i have spent most to all my time in industry work so this is all a bit new to me. What is a LABC please

Thanks lennytheloon that makes sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, local building control.

When any electrical work is now carried out, it must be notified to them via your scheme provider.

However, you are not allowed to sign off someone elses work.

In this instance you can only do a pir which, more often than not, they will accept if there is a problem with a previous sparky.

This isnt, however, a get out clause for an unregistered electrician.

Thats great, already learnt allot tonight, seems i have allot to learn about the domestic and commercial world of electrical installations

cheers

Reply to 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock