Discuss 2391?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

AWD

Just after abit of advice, i am a time served electrician and have been qualified for two years and have all the relevent quals acept the 2391. i called in my local training centre today to find out about doing my 2391 as the course has already started i have to pay an extra 50 late joining fee therfor course will cost me £650 this is the last ever 2391 course the centre will be doing hence i will have to take a full week of work to catch up, do you think this is the right thing to do or shall i just wait for the new quals???, thanks Andy

Just after abit of advice, i am a time served electrician and have been qualified for two years and have all the relevent quals acept the 2391. i called in my local training centre today to find out about doing my 2391 as the course has already started i have to pay an extra 50 late joining fee therfor course will cost me £650 this is the last ever 2391 course the centre will be doing hence i will have to take a full week of work to catch up, do you think this is the right thing to do or shall i just wait for the new quals???, thanks Andy

How much of the course will you have missed?

If your confident in catching up on the missed study go for it.
And an extra 50 aint too bad compared to paying for 2 seperate quals that replace it.
Cant remember what i paid for my 2391 , less than £300 though ( back in 98 :)

City and Guilds enforce cut-off times for enrolment to this course. Late registrations results in fees for the centre, which are naturally passed on.

You should maybe look around though, the 2391 is running till the end of the year so some training centres near you should be doing it.

thanks alot chaps, i have missed 3 saturdays i think the course is over 6 saturdays, but the tutor said he is willing for me to do it for 5 days solid so ill have to take a week of work, but i think it will be worth it if i pass, i already have the 2392 but from what ive been told that isnt even in the same ball park as the 2391!!, ill just have to keep my head in the books all week and keep my fingers crossed, thanks alot for all your advice!

If you have missed 1/2 of the course you will find it very difficult and should give it a miss unless you have a good understanding of testing prior to starting. If you can do the 5 days go for it as this is the normal length of the course. The test is normally 2-3 weeks after the course end. You will have to hit the books to give yourself a good chance of passing

Good luck

Good luck with the 2391.

I've moved this thread to the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's forum for you.

thanks alot chaps, i have missed 3 saturdays i think the course is over 6 saturdays, but the tutor said he is willing for me to do it for 5 days solid so ill have to take a week of work, but i think it will be worth it if i pass, i already have the 2392 but from what ive been told that isnt even in the same ball park as the 2391!!, ill just have to keep my head in the books all week and keep my fingers crossed, thanks alot for all your advice!

You'll never know if it was a good idea unless you try it!!

Hopefully your tutor wlll be able to provide you with some course material. If there is none, pm me your email address and I can send you a student or tutors course book.

Reply to 2391?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock