Discuss 2392 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm after some advise regarding test and inspection courses. I currently hold 2365 L2 & L3 and would like to gain my 2391.
My experience on site testing is quite limited so I was thinking I should probably do the 2392. Could anyone let me know if the 2392 would be worth doing or should I go straight on to the 2391.
I've not done my NVQ and this is something I would like to get on eventually but at the moment I'm trying to give myself as much chance of future employment as possible in case my job falls through, (currently I work in automation maintenance at Heathrow) whilst at the same time be able to do some test and inspection / small remedial works through agencies and the like.
Any help / advise would be most appreciated

If memory serves; the different courses are offered at different levels of experience; one is for those with no prior I&T experience and the other is for seasoned I&T'ers who have built up hands-on experience and have a better idea what should be done, what is acceptible, best practice and so forth.

I think the 2391 had 2 suffixes -99 and -52, denoting the variant.

I'm sure @XS Training, as one of our sponsors can shed more light on this for you.

Having done both the 2392 and the recent 2391-52 I will be honest and say its not that hard if you are well versed in GN3. Its not as hard as the old 2391 and the multi choice exam isnt that difficult. the practical is more a demonstration and find a few really obvious faults. there is a sort of mini exercise book you complete, nothign too difficult at all, the picture round where you code things like an eicr is easy enough.

The content of the 2392 should have been covered in your 2365. It will be going over previous ground.
The 2391 is not too hard and includes revision on test procedure.

The courses are
2391-50 Initial verification
2391-51 Periodic inspection
2391-52 Combined award

Hi chaps, not been on here for ages, whats the feeling generally, on the need for me to do the combined award - 52 when I already have level 3 C&G and working full time in the industry, I only do commercial but want to EICRS on both domestic and commercial and the 2391-51 seems to be acceptable to NAPIT for example?
Thanks Steve

Reply to 2392 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock